Honored Contributor
Just saw this on my newsfeed. Sounds like liquidation is inevitable. 😢
Honored Contributor

Re: Bid to save Sears rejected

Well, now I see a revision that maybe a revised deal is possible? Sorry!

Seems to me they are just delaying the reality.
Honored Contributor

CNN is saying that they're still alive.  Just waiting for the bankruptcy judge to approve.  But I agree, not promising for the future, it would seem.

Honored Contributor

I've been following the headlines all morning, too.  And it did just change minutes ago.

I have over $79 in cashback from Sears, good until the 11th.  I just texted hubby and told him it looked like it was going under--and fast.  Asked him if I should get a chest freezer for his fish and bait (never allowed in house!) for our new place.

I hate to see them go, really I do.  I checked recently and none of ours (3 different states) were ones that were slated for the choppping block.  I was glad to see that.

Last weekend, I bought pants (boys' Dockers) for a grandson who won't even need them for at least 2 more years.  I buy all his uniform pants at Sears.  Got them for $17.60 each--reg. $44.  Nice pants, not junk. 

Some people turn their noses up at Sears.  Whatever.  Can't find the school pants the boys need at Neiman Marcus!

Respected Contributor

I was just in my Sears store this afternoon - to hit the sales at the Lands End shop. I asked the manager of the LE shop if he had heard anything and he said he stopped paying attention because it changes minute by minute. He's told me in the past that LE has looked for their own space in the mall (since they were spun off from Sears in 2014) but it was much less expensive to stay in the Sears store (and Sears obviously needs the rent from them). Lands End is the ONLY reason I go in Sears. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Very sad.

Honored Contributor

I don't see the point in prolonging the inevitable.  Sears is a dinosaur that has been on the brink of death for years.  Let it go.  Put it out of it's misery.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

put it out of it's misery...Good Grief, what about the employees jobs & pensions? Everything they worked for will be gone & the attitude of many is so what, it's not me so why should I care.

Regular Contributor

Jobs will be lost and that is too bad.  However Sears has not offered pensions in over 30 years. If you have a pension with them the feds will guaranty it. If you have a 401k then it is your money.

Super Contributor

@Cwoldie wrote:

Jobs will be lost and that is too bad.  However Sears has not offered pensions in over 30 years. If you have a pension with them the feds will guaranty it. If you have a 401k then it is your money.

@Cwoldie. Will you please explain “why” the federal gov’t would guarantee pensions. TIA