Respected Contributor

I hate when people use these terms as it always seems to create confusion.

We are looking to hire a service and are comparing prices and have found the problem is some are quoting services as bi-monthly as every other month (6 times a year) and some are counting it as 2x month (24 times a year) then there is bi-weekly which is 26 times a year.

The one contract states 'bi-monthly, 26 times a year' in writing.  [insert head slap here]  

Honored Contributor

Re: Bi-weekly and bi-monthly

Agree; always confusing particularly because the people STATING the term don't use it correctly, and their audience is not UNDERSTANDING the term correctly.

Respected Contributor

I always found this to be confusing, also. The one contract saying bi-monthly, I would think would be 24 weeks, not 26 weeks. I did Google it and I'm still confused. It said bi-weekly could mean 2 X's a week or every other week. I guess I would just ask them to explain what they mean and get in writing.

Respected Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I always found this to be confusing, also. The one contract saying bi-monthly, I would think would be 24 weeks, not 26 weeks. I did Google it and I'm still confused. It said bi-weekly could mean 2 X's a week or every other week. I guess I would just ask them to explain what they mean and get in writing.

I could not agree more, always get it in writing!

I have to wonder how and why this bi week/month etc thing became so confusing!

It is so frustrating because it took almost 2 months to get all the bids back and now to go back to them to clarify the bids seems like torture right now!!!

I will request the above terms be stricken from all the contracts Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think they do this by design to confuse buyers. A truck ad I saw on TV tonight showed the terms of the financing was for 84 months....they are afraid to say how many years you will be paying for that truck! 7 years is a lot of payments!!