Honored Contributor

Re: Beyoncé Lemonade Book. Yay or nay?

I've noticed a lot of people say monies should go to feeding children instead of whatever the discussion is about at the time, but I doubt they actually do that.

Respected Contributor

Not for me, even if the price were that of a normal CD!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I think she has a great singing voice.  Top notch.  

Her (Ring the Alarm) performance on MTV or Grammy Awards was the.best.by.any performer--ever, imho.

Ever!

She's stunning to boot.

I have a Destiny Child cd I play when driving.  But I don't really know her newer stuff, I've seen the Lemonade vid and it's not for me.

Isn't the whole Lemonade thing about Jay Z and another woman?  Maybe I got that mixed up. lol

I like her, too, @Lucky Charm , and Jay-Z.   @sidsmom  is right about the vinyl, too.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I think she has a great singing voice.  Top notch.  

Her (Ring the Alarm) performance on MTV or Grammy Awards was the.best.by.any performer--ever, imho.

Ever!

She's stunning to boot.

I have a Destiny Child cd I play when driving.  But I don't really know her newer stuff, I've seen the Lemonade vid and it's not for me.

Isn't the whole Lemonade thing about Jay Z and another woman?  Maybe I got that mixed up. lol

I like her, too, @Lucky Charm , and Jay-Z.   Sidsmom is right about the vinyl, too.

I really like Jay Z's collaboration on Empire State of Mind.  It's almost a family anthem...lol

Esteemed Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

No, not interested at all. In fact if given it as a gift, I would return it.

I feel the same way.  It's not about the cost - I'm just not at all interested.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heck to the no, I truely hope she won't make more disastrous movie appearances either.......

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I've noticed a lot of people say monies should go to feeding children instead of whatever the discussion is about at the time, but I doubt they actually do that.

@Noel7

Well, I'm not a fan, so I wouldn't be interested to begin with.   Further, it's not up to me to tell someone how to spend their money. 

However, I do make monthly donations to a local foodbank & several other organizations that care for animals.

So....some of us do Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Beyonce herself is a nay to me.  I never did see what the fuss was about over her.

@chrystaltree

Ditto .....   I guess, in some part for me, if you have to run and jump around a lot, your actual songs aren't going to stand up on their own.    Thinking back, the very best singers can stand there and just sing .... and they never fail to mesmorize.

Respected Contributor

Empire State of Mind with Alicia Keyes is one of the greatest songs...

Respected Contributor

NAY