Esteemed Contributor

Please do track the credit card(s) you use to transact online business.  5 days ago our bank, Chase, noted a $375.00 charge from a noted scam, "Bose OCG," so blocked and closed our credit card.  The following day, the "Bose OCG" scam tried to use our account info to once again to realize $375.00, but our account had already been closed by Chase.  This scam is apparently originating from another country.

Could be I'm late into the information trail here, but if I didn't know about it, figured some of you out there didn't know about it either.  It appears there isn't much you can do to avoid it, aside from not conducting online credit transactions.

Honored Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Beware the "Bose OCG" Scam

Thank you for the heads up!

Respected Contributor

I'm so freaked out about all these scams, including the online scam I almost had pulled on me a few days ago which I posted about, that today I shut down my Facebook account - it's just not worth it anymore.  . 

Respected Contributor

Thank you!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!

They just hit me for $381.50 via my PayPal debit card. Caught it while it was still pending so PayPal immediately canceled the card and refunded my money. Love PayPal. 

I don't use the card anywhere sketchy so not sure how they got it. I pay my gaming subscription (WoW) and a couple other online subscriptions with it. Used it last at McDonalds. No idea who managed to copy the info.

Occasional Visitor

This Bose OCG Scam continues! I was alerted yesterday that my financial institution caught a $215.45 charge on my debit account! Luckily it was caught in time and it is being removed but everyone needs to make sure that they have their alerts set up on their banking accounts to make sure they are aware of the transactions that go through, especially if they use one card specifically for online purchases!

Honored Contributor

Interesting.  I noticed yesterday that I had a fraudulent $375 charge from Starbucks, a store that I don't shop in.  Then there was a $360 charge from the company.  Both charges were reversed by Starbucks.  The CC company is investigating and I'm getting a new card.