Honored Contributor

Re: Beware of phony texts from the DMV. Multi state.

@walker wrote:

Interesting....have not received this email scam but last week I received a letter in the mail from a state agency stating someone had applied for unemployment insurance benefits in my name.....showed name of company, when lost employment, etc....NOT ME!!  I immediately contacted agency and said I had not applied for this.  I also went to IdentityTheft.org ....put fraud "alerts" on my credit cards, etc.  I am very careful about shredding mail, etc, with my name on it also.  STAY ALERT EVERYONE!!  It's a different world.....

@walker @This thread is not about a phony email. It's about a phony TEXT message. 

Honored Contributor

Stuff like this is why I go into my account and make it where only the numbers that I list are allowed to text me.   Any other number tries to text me and it doesn't get through.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D ....sorry, I have corrected my message to state "TEXT" scam....I knew it but my mind was thinking different as I typed....ever happen to you?   Just wanted to also report a mail scam.  Sadly, there are  many scams out there now.  Thank you for all the additional information I see you have posted.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Mindy D!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life