Respected Contributor

Beware if your AAA company has switched to Comenity Bank….

Recently ( Nov ), AAA outsourced its credit card processing to Comenity Bank. Both DH and I were concerned because it had just taken me almost 8 months to get late charges removed. Finally took a letter to the Executive Chair CEO along with the detailed letter sent to Comenity to show how their customers were being treated or " mistreated. " Problem fixed.

Now with the second credit card bill from Comenity / AAA, we see they are starting the same nonsense again. Check sent on 11/9 but not posted by them until 11/20: $25 late charge.

Go over your monthly statement very carefully....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Re: Beware if your AAA company has switched to Comenity Bank….

Can't you do online payments....

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz

Pay on line and get immediate acknowledgement

Honored Contributor

Pay online and don't wait to the last minute. I pay online one week before the payment is due.

Valued Contributor

I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

I only had my cell phone bill on the AAA Visa. When I got the letter from Comenity about the change, i had a few questions and there was no customer service number that I could see. I just had a bad feeling about it.

I switched the phone bill to my main credit card and paid off the one month that was payable to Comenity. I kept checking my account to make sure they cashed the check.

Thanks for the heads up.

Honored Contributor

we had ours initally through Bank of America, which i loved since we bank with them anyways. it recently changed to Comenity, but i have not had any issues with the account.

-

can you set up the minimum payment due to be paid automatically so that it is not late and also then send in a check for the rest? so many post office issues still lingering these days.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@jlkz

I did Accounts Payable for the company where I worked.

That happened all the time, especially companies that could slap late charges and service fees on us. It happened with a number of companies. One of the biggest problems was with the rental of our copiers. I would end up paying the bills as soon as I got the bill and still was charged service fees and late fees. Then the company would send out their bills later and later.

I swear that other companies found out and it seemed like they did the same thing.

Problem for me, the company where I worked insisted on paying the bills by check. They felt that they would see where the payments were going.

Esteemed Contributor

The USPS is such a mess I trust them with nothing. This is the worst time of the year for mailing checks or gift cards. There are so many safer alternatives.

Valued Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

we had ours initally through Bank of America, which i loved since we bank with them anyways. it recently changed to Comenity, but i have not had any issues with the account.

-

can you set up the minimum payment due to be paid automatically so that it is not late and also then send in a check for the rest? so many post office issues still lingering these days.

That's a great idea.

Honored Contributor

@jlkzwrote:

Recently ( Nov ), AAA outsourced its credit card processing to Comenity Bank. Both DH and I were concerned because it had just taken me almost 8 months to get late charges removed. Finally took a letter to the Executive Chair CEO along with the detailed letter sent to Comenity to show how their customers were being treated or " mistreated. " Problem fixed.

Now with the second credit card bill from Comenity / AAA, we see they are starting the same nonsense again. Check sent on 11/9 but not posted by them until 11/20: $25 late charge.

Go over your monthly statement very carefully....

@jlkzComenity is the biggest bunch of crooks I have ever dealt with! Last summer they were basically down for 2 months. I could rarely pay online, sent a check to Dallas from Oklahoma and it wasn't put on the books for over a month. They said gosh the mail is slow.

They are absolutely a bunch of crooks and nothing you can do. You can't find out what you owe, returns take forever to go on the bill,and every crooked trick in the book. I paid interest 2 months last summer when in reality I'd paid the whole bill.

And don't tell me to fight it--I don't intend to spend my golden years that way. Nothing I can do about it anyway. When it gets days out from"due by" their site almost never will accept payments.