Honored Contributor

Re: Beward if using Wayfair Site

@SXMGirl 

i am not sure what "ten references to wayfair in four days" means in regards to your credit card? you are not talking about getting pop ups on your computer from wayfair, are you? if so, that has nothing to do with your credit card, but rather cookies that are stored on your computer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: Beware if using Wayfair Site

@SXMGirl Did you contact Wayfair CS to ask them about this?  They might have some insight as to why there are pre-authorizations from them (even if they are $0.00) on your credit card when you didn't actually make a recent purchase.

Valued Contributor

What kind of “references” to Wayfair are you getting? Not sure what you mean. Could you clarify? Thanks.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mamaslittlepotato  References to Wayfair are in the transactions, along with the fraudulent charges.

@Linmo  Not yet, but I am getting ready to do so.  Just finished my workout with my trainer and she waits for no one.

@sunshine45  No pop-ups, just emails.

For those who are skeptical, this is just a concern of mine and I wanted to make others aware.  Whether you believe me or not, we do know that all of us should be checking our transactions.  When I see 10 Wayfair transactions on my statement in four days, along with fraudulent transactions, it sends red flags to me.  It may not to you.  I see a connection and my credit card company saw one, but you may not.  This is just my opinion.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Beward if using Wayfair Site

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Mimi 1883  I did not sign in.  As far as an account, it is possible, but it has been a long time since I purchased my one item from them.  A hacker can easily get into an account, so I guess I did set up one.  Like I posted, 10 references to Wayfair in four days has to be the trigger.  Again, just my PSA.

@SXMGirl 

Alarming to think that thieves can access our CC information when we're simply 'browsing' a website - in that I mean: 'without signing in'. How did you notice this CC activity? Did the bank notify you about all these transactions? 

If you're 100% certain that these fraudulent purchases were made via browsing Wayfair's website, it would make sense (somewhat) that you had saved your CC information with them. What are 10 "references" from Wayfair?

I'm still amazed (in a Bad way) that browsing without signing in can be so dangerous. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@mamaslittlepotato  References to Wayfair are in the transactions, along with the fraudulent charges.

@Linmo  Not yet, but I am getting ready to do so.  Just finished my workout with my trainer and she waits for no one.

@sunshine45  No pop-ups, just emails.

For those who are skeptical, this is just a concern of mine and I wanted to make others aware.  Whether you believe me or not, we do know that all of us should be checking our transactions.  When I see 10 Wayfair transactions on my statement in four days, along with fraudulent transactions, it sends red flags to me.  It may not to you.  I see a connection and my credit card company saw one, but you may not.  This is just my opinion.

@SXMGirl  You answered my questions in my other post, so no need to repeat yourself. Thanks.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

Is this a Wayfair credit card?  We just placed an order using our Wayfair card.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry this happend to you. How frustrating. My debit card was recently compromised after I did some YOU TUBE searches. No debit card or purchases involved. Bank said it wasn't uncommon for people doing YOU TUBE searches to get hacked. Booo. Bank told me to change all passwords anywhere I online shopped, personal email, facebook or where paid bills online. So I did that. Hassle.

Debit cards tied to bank accounts can be a hassle when using online. Also try not to use debit card at gas station pump or restaurants or any 'foreign' ATM other than my bank account. Bank's suggestions. 

Favorite is the SPEND card -- which is a bank initiated Visa card I add money to. It isn't tied to my bank account. I use this Visa card when I travel or buy online for the first time.

So frustrating. Happens a lot. More than people know if you don't check your bank balance weekly.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@jeanlake  Thank you for that. I will definitely look into the Spend card. 

I never use a debit card for any online shopping. Am still amazed that merely 'browsing' without signing in can get your accounts hacked. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, I'm still not buying that just looking  at a site will get your card hacked.

I have watched many YouTube video and no  charges was made on my card.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.