Honored Contributor

Re: Beverly Johnson is the newest B.Cosby accuser..............

On 12/11/2014 cody said:

I believe that for every one of these women that have come forward, there are a few others that are still afraid to come forward. Still feeling shame and embarrassed for their friends and family to find out. There are as many reasons as there are women for keeping their stories quiet. There are a lot of judgmental people out there that still think a woman is to blame or could have prevented her assault. I am not one of them.

Very well said, cody.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

One thing we need to remember is that some people are very powerful in the entertainment industry. You don't want to cross them if you want to continue to work. You take the abuse and you keep quiet. I guarantee you things still happen today.
Esteemed Contributor

I did say, I did not condone him or blame the victims, just did not understand why they waited thirty years. We are entitled to opinions. I also had this happen to me with a big CEO OF a big company when I was younger, not rape. I guess because I felt I was just as important of a person as him as a human and a women, I dove in and sued. I was a single mom with three teens at the time. I knew, it would be a tough fight, but I also knew I would dispise myself if I did not stand up for me. No one at work, would dare come near me and all the friends I thought I had at work turned the other way, fear of losing their job. You stand alone and women don,t stick together, but I had so.much proof, two yeArs later I won the case, but it was a very tough two years. Then one of the women had the nerve to call me and ask how she could go about bringing another big boss to trial. You have got to believe in yourself and not run. I told her to trust in herself and have the proof of truth on your side.
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/11/2014 bikerbabe said: One thing we need to remember is that some people are very powerful in the entertainment industry. You don't want to cross them if you want to continue to work. You take the abuse and you keep quiet. I guarantee you things still happen today.

Ditto this post.

Now Beverly? Cosby was and is a real pig.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

On 12/11/2014 qvcaddition said: I did say, I did not condone him or blame the victims, just did not understand why they waited thirty years. We are entitled to opinions. I also had this happen to me with a big CEO OF a big company when I was younger, not rape. I guess because I felt I was just as important of a person as him as a human and a women, I dove in and sued. I was a single mom with three teens at the time. I knew, it would be a tough fight, but I also knew I would dispise myself if I did not stand up for me. No one at work, would dare come near me and all the friends I thought I had at work turned the other way, fear of losing their job. You stand alone and women don,t stick together, but I had so.much proof, two yeArs later I won the case, but it was a very tough two years. Then one of the women had the nerve to call me and ask how she could go about bringing another big boss to trial. You have got to believe in yourself and not run. I told her to trust in herself and have the proof of truth on your side.

You are very brave. I admire your courage.

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 SydneyH said:

I can't believe some people are still defending this predator.

I hope you don't think I'm defending him for his predatory ways. He belongs in jail. Another stat...

Respected Contributor

Haven't read all replies but face it, women and children are not valued in this country. College campuses, the military and any athlete on his way up gets a pass. Colleges, the military and athletes all spend much more on protecting their name than they do trying to solve the issue.

Athletic organizations have the security guys whose job it is to make these type charges go away as seen in the Ray Rice case..

UVA scandal is breaking apart due to the magazine not doing its job - they say there are inconsistencies, yet, there is a video out showing the woman on campus, Dean Eramo, who supposedly "helps" women on campus admit that students get kicked out of school for cheating but males convicted of s exual misconduct on campus are allowed to return. Read there is a statistic out that says r ape on campus is 300% higher by guys in fraternities. If something good comes out of this supposed investigation, good, but I suspect that until or unless Rolling Stone gets their act together, it too will just go away, until the NEXT ONE.

Military - just read that yet another attempt to make it a law to hold military accountable for misconduct was struck down.

What do they all have in common? People whose job it is to make it all go away and the victim is further victimized. And yet, we continually have to ask why women don't report this?

Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 Financialgrl said:

Haven't read all replies but face it, women and children are not valued in this country. College campuses, the military and any athlete on his way up gets a pass. Colleges, the military and athletes all spend much more on protecting their name than they do trying to solve the issue.

Athletic organizations have the security guys whose job it is to make these type charges go away as seen in the Ray Rice case..

UVA scandal is breaking apart due to the magazine not doing its job - they say there are inconsistencies, yet, there is a video out showing the woman on campus, Dean Eramo, who supposedly "helps" women on campus admit that students get kicked out of school for cheating but males convicted of s exual misconduct on campus are allowed to return. Read there is a statistic out that says r ape on campus is 300% higher by guys in fraternities. If something good comes out of this supposed investigation, good, but I suspect that until or unless Rolling Stone gets their act together, it too will just go away, until the NEXT ONE.

Military - just read that yet another attempt to make it a law to hold military accountable for misconduct was struck down.

What do they all have in common? People whose job it is to make it all go away and the victim is further victimized. And yet, we continually have to ask why women don't report this?

Excellent post!!!

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Tyak said:

Is there any actual proof of his guilt or is it just accusations from a bunch of disgruntled for whatever reason women? I haven't read up on any of this stuff about him, other than headlines where another woman comes out with her story. I've never cared for him one way or the other but if he's getting railroaded for some reason, that's not right.

Well, if you haven't read up on this, then you shouldn't jump to the conclusion that these women are merely "disgruntled for whatever reason". {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

More than 20 women (who didn't know each other ) have surprisingly similar stories of his predatory behavior ...... not to mention the guy who had the job of keeping these women quiet with serious threats and a little money.

Most of these attacks happened before the introduction of determining DNA evidence and rape kits, so I'm not sure what "actual proof" you're thinking exists.

A woman can be savagely raped ..... but in your mind it doesn't count unless there was a third party to witness it?

I hope the LAPD investigation includes asking these women to take polygraph tests ..... they've been quiet for too long (due to shame, IMO) and now Cosby needs to be publicly shamed for his pathetic criminal behavior! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor

He just disgusts me, he was a very powerful man in Hollywood and he completely abused that power. It is no coincidence that all these women are coming forward with similar experiences, and it's very telling that Cosby has not said one word in his defense. At the time most of these attacks and violations took place, many of those women were virtually unknown and would have had much to lose if they came forward and tried to discredit the almighty pudding pop man. It's horrible that a victim of abuse not only has to suffer the actual act, but then has to suffer the shame and blame put on them. I hope that in telling their stories these women can bond together and find some sort of healing, and know that they are making it easier for abused women to come forward and get help. I don't know what kind of punishment he can receive since it seems the statute of limitations has expired on these attacks, but I certainly hope there is some type of recourse. Even if his sentence is living the rest of his miserable life in public shame and embarrassment. So many of his peers in the industry respected him and held him in such high regard. It could never happen, but it would be so nice to put him in a room for an hour with all the women he abused. That would be a good start to justice.