Super Contributor

Re: Beverly Johnson is the newest B.Cosby accuser..............

Make sure to read the entire piece..........keep scrolling down........I am speechless, which is highly unusual for me............
Super Contributor

On 12/11/2014 croemer said:
On 12/11/2014 Joey Heatherton said: The famous UK entertainer was named Jimmy Savile..........in rereading his story it is FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE!!!...........allegations going back over 50 years..........can't make link clickable but it's on wiki here:.........http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile_sexual_abuse_scandal

Wow and now its reported a close friend of his Ex-DJ Ray Teret is jailed for 25 years for a series of r*.apes. They are calling him Jimmy Savile's monster side-kick.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Cover ups galore.........collusion.....incompetence......laziness........corporate greed..........abuse of trust.............victims served up on a platter..........pure, unadulterated EVIL.........special circle of Hades busy busy busy...........
Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Topaz Gem said:

Beverly Johnson is definitely more credible than Janice Dickinson, IMO.

Because she is more credible does not mean Janice Dickinson is not telling the truth. In her day Janice D was the "it" girl.

I think these women remained silent because they thought no one would believe them. They also probably thought their incident was an isolated episode. Little did they know they were part of a sisterhood.

This is so sad on so many levels.

Esteemed Contributor

My question is, why did some of these women go up to a hotel room with him and not once, but twice? Did they think he just wanted to talk? They could not have been that nieve. You know when you are with someone and something does not seem right, why not leave or put yourself in that position?

I am not condoning what he supposedly did, just wonder why, because in my youth, things happen to me and a bell would go off in my head, saying DON'T GO, GET OUT. You feel it.

Could they possibly think maybe I'll get a part in a movie or sitcom, or a career going?

Don't know, but some sound fishy and some are crying with no tears. Like I said, if he did it, he should get what is coming to him, could all 20 something odd women have been so dumb or nieve or looking for something at the time? Why wait 30 odd years to come out, why not 10, 15, or even 20 years. Were they still scared all those years up until 30?

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 qvcaddition said:

My question is, why did some of these women go up to a hotel room with him and not once, but twice? Did they think he just wanted to talk? They could not have been that nieve. You know when you are with someone and something does not seem right, why not leave or put yourself in that position?

I am not condoning what he supposedly did, just wonder why, because in my youth, things happen to me and a bell would go off in my head, saying DON'T GO, GET OUT. You feel it.

Could they possibly think maybe I'll get a part in a movie or sitcom, or a career going?

Don't know, but some sound fishy and some are crying with no tears. Like I said, if he did it, he should get what is coming to him, could all 20 something odd women have been so dumb or nieve or looking for something at the time? Why wait 30 odd years to come out, why not 10, 15, or even 20 years. Were they still scared all those years up until 30?

For every alleged victim in a case like this, there is probably a different reason for not speaking out right away. But, no, they didn't all wait until now. There have been allegations for years; this has apparently been a well-known secret.

Heck, it's often hard enough for victims of such crimes, especially young girls, to come forward, despite your opinion of how you would deal with such an incident, let alone to go up against a person so famous and so revered.

Huffington Post has a timeline on the case that you might read. But I found one accuser who might fit your description of someone who met with Cosby more than once. Her name is Barbara Bowen, and her STORY might help you understand the dynamics here.

Please try to listen to each of these women.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Could you please tell me WHO it was that went to the hotel room twice? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

People keep repeating this story, but no one knows who this supposedly was.

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Could you please tell me WHO it was that went to the hotel room twice? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

See #74.

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

All I know is that I see that one woman, whose story I linked to in my post just a few minutes ago, did meet with him more than once. I can't say whether this is the reference people are making. I don't even think that it necessarily would make the person untrustworthy.

If you read my link about Barbara Bowen, you might see how this could play out.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I believe that for every one of these women that have come forward, there are a few others that are still afraid to come forward. Still feeling shame and embarrassed for their friends and family to find out. There are as many reasons as there are women for keeping their stories quiet. There are a lot of judgmental people out there that still think a woman is to blame or could have prevented her assault. I am not one of them.

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 cody said:

I believe that for every one of these women that have come forward, there are a few others that are still afraid to come forward. Still feeling shame and embarrassed for their friends and family to find out. There are as many reasons as there are women for keeping their stories quiet. There are a lot of judgmental people out there that still think a woman is to blame or could have prevented her assault. I am not one of them.

I'm not, either.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices