Honored Contributor

Re: Beverly Johnson is the newest B.Cosby accuser..............

On 12/11/2014 Lucky charm said:
On 12/11/2014 NoelSeven said:

I really liked Cosby when he was doing the Cosby show. But he started changing, morphing into an openly stern and judgmental mean person.

Some might remember he disowned his daughter when she took drugs. And his constant preaching to young people about how wrong they were about so many things... That's a red flag to a lot of us. People like that are often hiding a dark side.

That's where I disagree. I thought his stance on young men owning up to their fatherhood and woman not getting pregnant just to snag a man (or child support) was great.

He, to me, was not (an Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson,) coddling youth who were doing wrong, but not admitting it. He was calling them out on it.

Needs to be done. IMHO. No dark side. Good parenting.

IMO it was a cover-up. Like a preacher admonishing his congregation and judging their sins, while all the time he was the sinner.

THAT is typical for someone leading a double life.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 12/11/2014 Lucky charm said:
On 12/11/2014 NoelSeven said:

I really liked Cosby when he was doing the Cosby show. But he started changing, morphing into an openly stern and judgmental mean person.

Some might remember he disowned his daughter when she took drugs. And his constant preaching to young people about how wrong they were about so many things... That's a red flag to a lot of us. People like that are often hiding a dark side.

That's where I disagree. I thought his stance on young men owning up to their fatherhood and woman not getting pregnant just to snag a man (or child support) was great.

He, to me, was not (an Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson,) coddling youth who were doing wrong, but not admitting it. He was calling them out on it.

Needs to be done. IMHO. No dark side. Good parenting.

He was essentially lecturing Black America on how they should act, including how men should treat women and children.

And he was essentially turning around and acting in as despicable a way, if not worse, as he judged them to be acting.

To me, that is one heck of a dark side.

Absolutely, and it's Pysch 101.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 cody said:
On 12/11/2014 croemer said:

I was just reading the article...how did this man have enough time to even act he was so busy? I am sorry to say but... I think his wife knew something was going on. Why she stayed...only she knows?

Lets not forget how huge Bill was...he was NBC.

O.M.G. croemer. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

What??? If you are inferring anything other then... he was the biggest star at NBC...then you are just looking to be offended.

Offended????? Why would I be offended? I was laughing, for goodness' sake.

Well I would have used this{#emotions_dlg.lol}but I will take your response as it was attended. Thanks for the explanation.

Croemer, I took it as a little joke on the "big Bill" part of the sentence. A little play on words. Wink

Edited to correct...."huge Bill". Sorry

Hi cody, yes I get where Suzy was going now...and I would have laughed too.

I also agree what you said about Bill and his wife possibly living separate lives.

Hi winamac!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I can't believe some people are still defending this predator.

Super Contributor

Beverly is very credible..........but.....I believe wacky smacky Janice equally, too.......I believe ALL the women who've gone public.............these revelations re Cosby are shocking in the extreme ........I am not at all surprised to learn that public figures, respected and accomplished, are human with feet of clay.........and personal demons or self-destructive habits........but it looks like Mr Cosby has been a serial criminal offender all his adult life.......the more he did, the more the victims feared to speak, the more he felt free and clear..........tragic.............reminds me somewhat of the beloved children's entertainer in the UK who was revealed to be a crazed pedophile, but only after his death..........Will Google to find his name........
Honored Contributor

I was just reading the article...how did this man have enough time to even act he was so busy? I am sorry to say but... I think his wife knew something was going on. Why she stayed...only she knows?

Lets not forget how huge Bill was...he was NBC.

O.M.G. croemer. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

What??? If you are inferring anything other then... he was the biggest star at NBC...then you are just looking to be offended.

Offended????? Why would I be offended? I was laughing, for goodness' sake.

Well I would have used this{#emotions_dlg.lol}but I will take your response as it was attended. Thanks for the explanation.

I had considered it. I just thought it was so obvious that I didn't want to hit you over the head with it. Obviously, I'm not quite ready for prime time. {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Well we have not always had the friendliest past...so I admit... I took it wrong...where with some posters I would have realized it was a joke. Sorry...

I see. Thanks, I guess, for the explanation. I still have no clue as to how you interpreted it, but it's irrelevant now and no need for you to be sorry.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Joey Heatherton said: Beverly is very credible..........but.....I believe wacky smacky Janice equally, too.......I believe ALL the women who've gone public.............these revelations re Cosby are shocking in the extreme ........I am not at all surprised to learn that public figures, respected and accomplished, are human with feet of clay.........and personal demons or self-destructive habits........but it looks like Mr Cosby has been a serial criminal offender all his adult life.......the more he did, the more the victims feared to speak, the more he felt free and clear..........tragic.............reminds me somewhat of the beloved children's entertainer in the UK who was revealed to be a crazed pedophile, but only after his death..........Will Google to find his name........
"Unlimited power corrupts the possessor"...William Pitt

Super Contributor

The famous UK entertainer was named Jimmy Savile..........in rereading his story it is FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE!!!...........allegations going back over 50 years..........can't make link clickable but it's on wiki here:.........http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile_sexual_abuse_scandal
Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Joey Heatherton said: The famous UK entertainer was named Jimmy Savile..........in rereading his story it is FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE!!!...........allegations going back over 50 years..........can't make link clickable but it's on wiki here:.........http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile_sexual_abuse_scandal

Off to read...

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Joey Heatherton said: The famous UK entertainer was named Jimmy Savile..........in rereading his story it is FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE!!!...........allegations going back over 50 years..........can't make link clickable but it's on wiki here:.........http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile_sexual_abuse_scandal

Wow and now its reported a close friend of his Ex-DJ Ray Teret is jailed for 25 years for a series of r*.apes. They are calling him Jimmy Savile's monster side-kick.