Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beverly Johnson is the newest B.Cosby accuser..............

I'm starting to wonder how the man had time to get anything else done. It sounds like all he did was drug and molest people. Disgusting.

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Topaz Gem said:
On 12/11/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 12/11/2014 brii said: Maybe we can stop this insane desire to put celebrities on some sort of pedestal. That goes for sports stars and politicians too.

People put politicians on pedestals?

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Absolutely. I won't mention any names, though...

To continue this derailment for a second, I will name a name that I know was not the one you had in mind: Ronald Reagan. Wink

I think he's pretty much achieved sainthood in many people's eyes. Good for him. I see nothing wrong with looking up to or admiring someone who holds or held political office.

Back on the tracks, though, of course we shouldn't allow any human to feel that he or she can commit illegal or immoral acts without consequence simply based on their "celebrity" status or based on a persona they have adopted.

The blatant hypocrisy in this particular case is almost incredible but unfortunately not unique. I do agree with Noel's "People like that are often hiding a dark side."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 croemer said:
On 12/11/2014 cody said:

I was just reading the article...how did this man have enough time to even act he was so busy? I am sorry to say but... I think his wife knew something was going on. Why she stayed...only she knows?

Lets not forget how huge Bill was...he was NBC.

Along with his wife, I believe that a lot of his friends and business associates were aware of this going on too and just thought that boys will be boys. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Could be cody..if the stories are true that some women were taken to his home as a date and then the man mysteriously disappeared.

B _ _ _ _ _ ds.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I was just reading the article...how did this man have enough time to even act he was so busy? I am sorry to say but... I think his wife knew something was going on. Why she stayed...only she knows?

O.M.G. croemer. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

What??? If you are inferring anything other then... he was the biggest star at NBC...then you are just looking to be offended.

Offended????? Why would I be offended? I was laughing, for goodness' sake.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

What??? If you are inferring anything other then... he was the biggest star at NBC...then you are just looking to be offended.

I got the joke Wink

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Well I would have used this{#emotions_dlg.lol}but I will take your response as it was attended. Thanks for the explanation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

This was a well written article.

Wonder who was supplying him with the drugs he was using on these women all those years.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 NoelSeven said:

I really liked Cosby when he was doing the Cosby show. But he started changing, morphing into an openly stern and judgmental mean person.

Some might remember he disowned his daughter when she took drugs. And his constant preaching to young people about how wrong they were about so many things... That's a red flag to a lot of us. People like that are often hiding a dark side.

That's where I disagree. I thought his stance on young men owning up to their fatherhood and woman not getting pregnant just to snag a man (or child support) was great.

He, to me, was not (an Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson,) coddling youth who were doing wrong, but not admitting it. He was calling them out on it.

Needs to be done. IMHO. No dark side. Good parenting.

Honored Contributor

Well I would have used this{#emotions_dlg.lol}but I will take your response as it was attended. Thanks for the explanation.

I had considered it. I just thought it was so obvious that I didn't want to hit you over the head with it. Obviously, I'm not quite ready for prime time. {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Typo Quean said:
On 12/11/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

No matter how loathsome you might find Dickinson, she can NEVER be NEARLY as loathsome as that disgusting and perverted man who victimized all of those young women.

Very true.

Yeah, as much as I find her difficult to take seriously, I cannot think of a reason she would make this up. There are a zillion other ways to get attention and this would not be one that just about any woman would want to entertain.

It's too bad that some people don't understand this and are calling these women names. I'm glad they don't understand what it's like to be victimized to this degree, but it's probably best to just stay out of it if you have no idea how other people must feel. It seems like it's usually those who are THE most self-righteous and holier than thou who have no idea how to be compassionate towards others and have no idea how to understand anything from a different POV.