Respected Contributor

Even my adult children feel the loss.  I saw pictures of her in early years and heard her singing voice - beautiful.  What a gracious lady to the end.

Trusted Contributor

What a fortunate life to live to 99 and still have your faculties.

Honored Contributor

It's sad she didn't quite make that milestone, but I'd say she probably had a great life.  She loved animals, had a great sense of humor, and she made a good life for herself. 

Honored Contributor

She was one of my most favorite people!  She was so looking forward to her 100th birthday!  She had such spirit about her.  There will never be anyone like her - she seemed so happy and grateful for life and everyone and everything.  She loved animals so much, too.  She will be reunited with her beloved husband.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

We lost a treasure! Thank you Betty, for all the years of entertainment!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

And one of my favorite lines from her on a recent interview when askied about her longevity:   “I try to avoid anything green,” she joked. “I guess it's working.”

Esteemed Contributor

FB_IMG_1641007057779.jpg

Honored Contributor

I just have to thank you all for the pictures you've been posting. I don't think I've ever seen pictures of her when she was young! I never realized she was in so many early TV shows either, and that she was so involved in their production.

@SeaMaiden - That picture of the empty living room. . .  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@patbz    Do you know what happened?  Just yesterday I was reading something where she said how healthy she was.  Guess not. 

Golden Girls all gone now.  IMO best comedy ever on TV.

"The eight-time Emmy winner just spoke to People magazine for this week’s issue celebrating what would have been her birthday and said that she was “in such good health.”

@Kachina624  I read her health suddenly declined...and then she passed...