Honored Contributor

Remember there was one episode where Joan Rivers played her younger sis on the show. And there was one where all the ladies from MTM show were reunited. These were quite special. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Betty White Nailed It!

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle "And there was one where all the ladies from MTM show were reunited."

That was my favorite show.  The funniest scene was when Phyllis was at the wrong old lady table.  She just gets up and leaves and says I thought you guys looked different. 

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I am just glad that I no longer have to wear panty hose!  Those were the worst and I am glad women trended away from them.

@Puppy Lips  Nope! Garter belts were worse!

Honored Contributor

Thanks to Always Discreet no 3.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I had a ton of velour items --- tops, pants, track suits, etc.  They were very popular and stylish.  I got rid of all of them.  I now am seeing all kinds of this stuff in the stores again! I should have held on to some of them!  Nothing new under the sun, as the saying goes!

I agree for the most part about comfort being important as I have aged.  I still like attractive and interesting items of clothing, but they have to be comfortable.

I could identify with the poster saying how she used to lay on the bed and tug and pull at the zipper of her jeans to get them to close!  Yes, yes --- I used to do that all the time when I was younger!  And I was really thin --- but they had to be super, super tight, or they were no good!  LOL!  Not any more.  I can't stand stuff that cuts off my circulation! I want things to fit but not look like they were painted on!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee 

How about girdles with garters attached. 

Torture!

In high school, we ALL wore girdles no matter how thin we were.  Have no idea why other than to hold up stockings.  

Thankfully pantyhose eliminated girdles/garter belts, but they were still annoying!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Betty White Nailed It!

[ Edited ]

Now for me, I liked the days when I was working.  Wore suits, panty hose and heels.  Didn't bother me at all.

Now, I wear jeans (elastic waist Smiley Happy, shirts and fleece jackets at home in the winter, shorts and shirts in summer..  Do not go out without makeup and hair done.  I'm 83 and just feel better when I know I look good.  Yeah, usually exhausted when I get home, but worth it.

As for panty hose, I don't like when women/girls wear dresses/skirts and no hose.  It just looks more polished with hose.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I am just glad that I no longer have to wear panty hose!  Those were the worst and I am glad women trended away from them.

@Puppy Lips  Nope! Garter belts were worse!

@Pearlee OMG your response prompted a memory of me watching my Mom put on a girdle.  Oh Lordy thank goodness I never wore one of those!  And then there were those straps hanging down to hook your stockings on.  Why oh why did women torture themselves so?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Nope, I'll always be in the 20's phase of my life. I dress to be attractive. 68 and going strong. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

Now for me, I liked the days when I was working.  Wore suits, panty hose and heels.  Didn't bother me at all.

Now, I wear jeans (elastic waist Smiley Happy, shirts and fleece jackets at home in the winter, shorts and shirts in summer..  Do not go out without makeup and hair done.  I'm 83 and just feel better when I know I look good.  Yeah, usually exhausted when I get home, but worth it.

As for panty hose, I don't like when women/girls wear dresses/skirts and no hose.  It just looks more polished with hose.

@Patriot3 

I am glad I don't have to work any more, however, I do agree with a lot of what you said!  I have told DH and some friends that I do miss how I used to wear all my "work clothes", as I called them, every day, and match with all my jewelry, shoes, bags, etc.  And I never really minded the panty hose either!  I always wore the type that had support and it made my legs feel better and I liked that it made a nice smooth line to my clothing!  Also, I felt that wearing the panty hose made the legs look much nicer and gave a more professional look for the office.  As for some women saying the panty hose made them hot - I never noticed that because I was in air conditioning all day!  

I don't dress up any more except for the rare, very rare occasion when I go some place, but that doesn't happen often.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin