Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman   I remember girdles in high school.  We weren't allowed to wear pants/slacks.

Days when we had gym class were the worst. Our gym teacher waited until the last possible moment to let us hit the showers.  We had to shower, get dressed and get to our next class on time. It seemed like they always scheduled your next class all the way at the other end of the school.

Pulling a girdle on when your body was still damp was a treat.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I'm laughing right now because I know EXACTLY what you are talking about....did we go to the same school and have the same demonic gym teacher?  Cat LOL

One year I had gym class first period.  That meant, of course, that I came to school, and immediately had to undress and dress for gym.  In that snazzy blue uniform. 

Horrors!

My carefully straighted hair was subjected to steam showers, and, then, of course, struggling back into that girdle and stockings and into my next class.

It set me to thinking that my best friend got married wearing a LONG LINE bra and long leg girdle...at the end of July in 98 degree temps, in an unairconditioned church.  WHY?  We were all thin as reeds back then.

She was close to passing out! 

Looking back, I so wish that is all the worries I'd ever had in life, so the memories are rather sweet NOW!

At the time, it was the end of the world!

Highlighted
Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

God bless the person who invented the elastic waistband.  I'm certain it was a woman!

Lol!