20210101_115415.jpg

20210101_115346.jpg

20210101_115444.jpg

20210101_144602.jpg

20210101_144632.jpg

20210101_144515.jpg

20201230_202058.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Aww, I miss my squirrel babies so much.  They don't come around during the colder weather.  Smiley Sad   I would see them every day before it started.  They would show themselves so I could see them and I'd bring out some peanuts for them.

I'm still seeing a couple of my mousies most days when I go out there so I have some stash places where I put their peanuts so the scrub jays won't get them (they get theirs, too!).   So cute!   

I love how they all get to know you, but I always tell them to not trust humans, even though I will love them and do everything I can to keep them safe.  Even the little mousies know my voice.

Another awesome portrait of your little one!  Smiley Happy

Thanks so much.  Heart

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt 

You love all creatures great and small, don't you? I can tell, your words are the same as mine.

I tell my assortment of wildfriends not to trust anyone, people aren't like me, they see you as pests...

I feed opossums, squirrels, ferals, pidgeons, all kindsa birds and love them all. 

Thank you for your humane love for your wildfriends.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS, NEW YEAR TO YOU, PAPA AND CRICKET.

I love your pics, BettyLou will eventually recover, especially since you give her EXTRA-love and kindness. 

Thank you for making 2020 a lot more tolerable - your photos brought me much joy.

I look forward to the 2021 photos even more!

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@chickenbutt 

You love all creatures great and small, don't you? I can tell, your words are the same as mine.

I tell my assortment of wildfriends not to trust anyone, people aren't like me, they see you as pests...

I feed opossums, squirrels, ferals, pidgeons, all kindsa birds and love them all. 

Thank you for your humane love for your wildfriends.

Heart  Indeed I do and it makes me so happy to know that there are others like me.   

Animals are special and they are pure.

I don't know if I told this here but one day when I came out to my deck with food, one of the little mousies came out in this area where my deck is built around the deck.  This little one came to the edge, about 2ft from where I stood, put his little hands up on the wood, standing all the way up on tippy toes, and was looking up at me as I spoke to him.   Well, that just filled my heart to overflowing.  I remember coming in the house and crying I was so happy.

They don't come out much at all right now, as I guess they don't love the cold weather (as I do).  But one or two will come out partially when they hear me.  It's so cute to watch them grab a peanut that's almost as big as they are (!), and skedaddle away.

The squirrels are just so fun to watch.  I probably have a hundred squirrel pics from just this year.  Hopefully, they'll be back when it warms up again.

I love all the birdies and have fed them for years but I do ask the big ones to leave.  I'm polite about it, so sometimes it takes a couple of asks.  They are beautiful, too, and I tell them that.  But this area is for the little bitty birdies (a few assortments we have here), the scrub jays, the doves, and the quail.

At this point in my life, the joy they give me is truly priceless!

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt 

Thank you so very much for finding joy in the most vulnerable and fragile among us...the tiny critters. I appreciate what you do.

I feed the mice cereal, old fashioned oats, chopped dates and raisons, they love that stuff. 

Our alley (I'm in Philly) even has a few rare visits from a Redtailed Hawk, I know when she's flying by because they make a high pitch screech sound. The lil critters always duck and hide when they hear her.

I buy organic peanut butter *chunky variety* for all the animals too.

everyone loves that stuff.  It's just ground peanuts, no additives or salt. I drain the oil to use to make popcorn on the stove and then put the PB out with sliced apples. 

My chubbette Opossum loves sweet potatoes chopped up small, it's his second favorite to organic unsweetened coconut flakes.  

I've got a few of my neighbors onboard with putting out seeds and water on their conderblock fences, like I do - everyone needs a drink after munching on PB afterall!!

Honored Contributor

Betty Lou's leg doesn't look as swollen as it was the other day. I hope she recovers from whatever that is...poor thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  it is Betty Lou's upper leg that is swollen.  The lower leg looks pretty normal.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Poor baby!  Smiley Sad  I sure hope she's ok.

Honored Contributor

Betty Lou and her friends are celebrating the New Year with the Wicks and Cricket.  Even the squirrels have joined the fun.  I know these sweet creatures are grateful for the food and drink, for being able to safely have a place to gather and for all the Wicks have given them.  

Happy New Year, to a caring, compassionate, kind couple.  As A lover of nature and animals I appreciate it!!!!