Honored Contributor

Better buy what you want/need now -- prices going up...

Just my observations this week now FL is open...

For instance:

• Gas was $1.50/gal on Friday today it was $1.87
  • All stores had big discounts, esp. "big ticket items" : Sales over -- now that you can go in and shop vs online.  guess they need to get every penny! We are shopping for kitchen table & new bed -- no sales.  

Food - last week

• Chicken Breasts - $3.99/lb. this week $5.99
  • Ground Chuck - $4.99/lb. this week $6.59
  • Butter - $3.89/lb this week $5.59/lb
  • Eggs - $1.39/dz this week $2.90(store brand)
  • Weekly ads used to be 6-8 pages of good BOGOs, sales : BOGOs gone or 3-5 things, sales not so great maybe a quarter off.  Coupons not being taken at this time (I don't use them).

Sam's Club, Costco 

• Prices have definitely increased
  • I bought my meats there and always better prices.  Not today, they were higher by $2-3 depending what you bought 

Dept. Stores:

• Coupons : Very restricted, esp. Kohl's, Macy's, JCP
  • Sales -- very few advertised 
  • FREE shipping -- gone at most sites
  • Limited stock

The only incentives seem to be at restaurants:

• Restaurants (chain) offering BOGO meals
  • offering 2/$20 meals
  • free drink with entree

I only have to buy a few food things this week and although had 3/4 gas I topped it off as by Friday it'll be higher.

Honored Contributor

Re: Better buy what you want/need now -- prices going up...

And look out for a Covid-19 surcharge on your dining.  

I'm not a stock up kind of person.  There are things I generally tend to buy every time I go to the grocery store and often end up with multiples but as soon as I don't buy it I'll find out I'm out.  

Respected Contributor

Wow, prices are really high in Florida. Not seeing big increases here. Ground chuck was $3.18 lb at Sam’s Club today. Same as a few weeks ago. Butter $3.49 lb, eggs $1.59 at local grocery stores. 

We have five grocery store chains in our area, so lots of choices for customers and competitive prices. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

And look out for a Covid-19 surcharge on your dining.  

I'm not a stock up kind of person.  There are things I generally tend to buy every time I go to the grocery store and often end up with multiples but as soon as I don't buy it I'll find out I'm out.  

@Icegoddess 

me neither but those BOGOs sure came in handy during the shutdown.  Was glad Ihad doubles of most things I use.

I did buy

• Hellman's mayo today BOGO for $5.59/jar.  Last week it was 3.79/jar. that was a good deal
  • Skippy PB Bogo for $3.79/jar last week 2.37
  • Cat food & treats - both went up but petsmart is closed. So I paid .84/can vs .54/can.  My kitties need to eat😻😻

Trusted Contributor

I wonder what will happen to all those people pockets that insists clothing been made in USWoman Embarassed

I don't know, may be they are awfully rich 🤑 

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Trusted Contributor

Prices go up for many reasons.  I just do NOT want ANYTHING from CHINA.

Honored Contributor

This is nothing new .... prices are always going up, for one reason or another.

Thinking back, there's only a few things I can think of where prices actually go down .....   stocks ... real estate ....  and sometimes wages.   Everything else goes up.   

Mask   Mask   Mask

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

I wonder what will happen to all those people pockets that insists clothing been made in USWoman Embarassed

I don't know, may be they are awfully rich 🤑 

No ,not rich ,just want our country to have jobs.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I was at grocery this morning and inventory is as good as I've ever seen it in everything. Big difference than a month ago or even two weeks ago.

Prices have certainly gone up, but compared to QVC's food prices they are a bargain.  

Super Contributor

@homedecor1not sure where you grocery shop, but I went to Sam's Club last week & stocked up for 1 month..Chicken Breasts & Tenderloins were $1.57 & $1.87 per pound, 18 egg packs were $3.58 each, ground turkey 5 lbs for $2.69 per pound. etc. I didn't get beef or pork because they either didn't haven't much to choose from or it was priced too high. Fruits & veggies were loert than previous weeks & yes they had toilet paper, Lysol spray, paper towels etc. Maybe it just depends on what part of the country you live it? I live in Atlanta, GA.