Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Shoekitty asks:

Lola, how did you roast the turkey bacon.  I don't eat meat, but do dabble in a little poultry at times.  Sounds good.  What is the best turkey bacon in your opinion?  Trader Joe's?

@shoekitty 

@We use the good old Pampered Chef rectangular stoneware pan and get thin turkey bacon (Butterball?) to get crisp pieces and roast @350-400 for 10-15 minutes, flipping once.  

I liked the Applegate Farms turkey bacon too.

Honored Contributor

Lola, I like the Jenny O turkey bacon, very resonably priced imo.

Honored Contributor

I love that Applegate brand! 

I heard it sold lately, I don't know who bought it, I hope they keep it the same.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Hi JJM, yes, I would!

I have to change plans on dinner for tonight,  but we'll have the chops tomorrow. 

I would like your mango salsa recipe Smiley Happy  I used to do fruit salsas, love them, we haven't tried a mango salsa. 

Do you bake your chops or use a skillet?

I found TWO recipes among my cards.

Spicy Pan Seared Pork Chops with Pineapple Mango Salsa

I guess you can bake them and apply the salsa to them afterwards.

Ingredients:

1 Cup pineapple chunks, diced-- 1 Cup mango, diced--2 Tbps. red onion, diced-- 2 Tsps. fresh cilantro, chopped-- 2 Tsps.cider vinegar-- dash of salt-- 4 boneless pork chops, 1" thick-- olive oil-- salt-- black pepper-- 4 Tsps. chili powder-- red pepper flakes

Method:

1) Combine 1st 6 ingredients in small mixing bowl and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

2) Brush chops with olive oil and rub each chop with 1/2 Tsp. per side with chili powder and liberal amounts of salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes to taste. Heat skillet (non stick) to medium-high heat.

3) Place chops in hot pan and sear 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Put chops on plate and spoon salsa over chops. Serve remaining salsa on side.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamaican Mango Peach Apricot Salsa

Ingredients:

1/4 Cup apricot preserves-- 1/4 Cup peach preserves-- 1 Tsp. minced garlic or garlic powder-- 1/4 Tsp. salt-- 1/4 Tsp. black pepper-- 1/3 Cup lemon juice-- 1 Tbsp.minced onion flakes-- 1/4 Tsp. allspice-- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped

Method:

1) In a medium mixing bowl, combine preserves, lemon juice, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and allspice.

2) Fold in mango and mix well.

3) Cover and chill for several hours or overnight prior serving.

4) Serve over grilled fish, pork or chicken.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

JJM, thank you!

I'll have to look for mine to share, basically the same, but I use just a few red pepper flakes.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone.

All the food talk is making me hungry and giving me some good ideas.

I picked up a bag of frozen Langostino pieces at Coscto to day along with some Roma tomatoes and some avocados. I'm thinking tomorrow I'll  make a salad of the langostinos and fill an avocado half with it.  Don't you just love summer eating?  Light and all the fresh food that is available!

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I should buy those langostinos again.  I always have a bag of frozen raw shrimp from Costco on hand.  It makes a great quick dinner sauteed in garlic butter with a few vegetables and good bread.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I should buy those langostinos again.  I always have a bag of frozen raw shrimp from Costco on hand.  It makes a great quick dinner sauteed in garlic butter with a few vegetables and good bread.

I haven't tried to langostinos before, tansy.

I'm thinking they would be good sauteed with some EVOO, garlic and lemon and served over pasta too.

Costco has great shrimp, don't they?

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

There's not much to dislike about Costco, mystrion. Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

There's not much to dislike about Costco, mystrion. Cat LOL

Or BJ's.  I just renewed for $15 today and hit the store running...........