Honored Contributor

Betsey Johnson Recovering After Open Heart Surgery

She had open heart surgery last week according to Page Six of the NY Post.  One of her aortas was too thin and was replaced "by a one-inch accordian gizmo" according to Johnson. From the story:

“Betsey had a successful surgery and is recovering wonderfully,” a rep for the 76-year-old fashion designer told Page Six Style. “She is so grateful for the well wishes and looks forward to her upcoming projects so she can be back with her fans!”

Honored Contributor

Re: Betsey Johnson Recovering After Open Heart Surgery

Betsey Johnson,

https://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/21/81/595811-have-a-speedy-recovery-82298752205.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wishing her well and a quick and complete recovery....

I have some earrings with a cat on them that she designed.  But Ill never forget her appearance as a contestant on Dancing With The Stars and the somersault, her signature move, that was included in all her dance routines........ 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I had some of her dresses in the 70's when she took over the Alley Cat label.

Butterick sewing patterns had a whole line of Betsey Johnson Alley Cat designs, too.

Wishing Betsey all the best in her recovery.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I think Evine was selling her jewelry for a while, I bought a bracelet from her line for a gift. I thought Betsey was such a character, I'm surprised she has heart problems as thin and active as she is, she actually did a cart wheel into a split on air. I guess 76 is no kid no matter what kind of shape you are in.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Wishing her well and a quick and complete recovery....

I have some earrings with a cat on them that she designed.  But Ill never forget her appearance as a contestant on Dancing With The Stars and the somersault, her signature move, that was included in all her dance routines........ 

@Spurt   I own a few pieces of her jewelry and one summer handbag.  However, her appearance (and how obnoxious she was) on DWTS made me swear never to buy anything of hers again.  Her appearance just made me not want to support her any more.

@meallen616   Hmmmm.... a "blood red" well wishes graphic (heart-colored).  Was that intentional, or perhaps subconscious?  In any event, it's pretty and thoughtful of you.

Honored Contributor

Love her whimsical and irreverent style....wishes for a speedy and full recovery,
Honored Contributor

Betsey is a oner for sure.  My guess is she will be twirling cart wheels in a few months.  Some people ya just gotta love, they ate so joyful