Honored Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Fairy Lights…not as advertised

[ Edited ]

You don't need to buy C batteries. Those are way expensive.  All you need is a battery spacer, which is the size of a C battery, and it holds inside it a AA battery. That way you can use lithium batteries which last a very long time. They don't make lithium C batteries which will work in place of a regular C battery so you need to use an adapter.

(Both AA and C batteries have the same voltage, 1.5 volt each.  They are essentially the same except for their size difference.)

Amazon.com: EBL C Size Battery Adapters, AA to C Size Battery Spacer  Converter Case Use with Rechargeable AA Battery Cells - 4 Pack : Tools &  Home Improvement

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You don't need to buy C batteries. Those are way expensive.  All you need is a battery spacer, which is the size of a C battery, and it holds inside it a AA battery. That way you can use lithium batteries which last a very long time. They don't make lithium C batteries which will work in place of a regular C battery so you need to use an adapter.

(Both AA and C batteries have the same voltage, 1.5 volt each.  They are essentially the same except for their size difference.)

Amazon.com: EBL C Size Battery Adapters, AA to C Size Battery Spacer  Converter Case Use with Rechargeable AA Battery Cells - 4 Pack : Tools &  Home Improvement

Wow....I had no idea this existed....I went to Amazon and checked them out...will be ordering several sets. Thanks so much for this info....you're awesome!!!! Happy Holidays!!!

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @grandma petes 

I think these batteries are the best. They are worth the price b/c they last a very long time.

Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA Batteries (8 Pack), Double A Batteries -  Walmart.com

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee   Thank you for this info!  It really is true that you learn something new every day!  I had no idea that such a product existed.  I can now buy a couple of those C battery sleeves and put them in my battery case instead of investng in regular C batteries.    That will also  be a great help in making the monster pack of AA batteries 

a worthwhile buy!

Honored Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

@SilleeMee   Thank you for this info!  It really is true that you learn something new every day!  I had no idea that such a product existed.  I can now buy a couple of those C battery sleeves and put them in my battery case instead of investng in regular C batteries.    That will also  be a great help in making the monster pack of AA batteries 

a worthwhile buy!

@781Florist 

You're welcome. If you are going to use alkaline AA batteries then you'll go through them quite quickly. The better option is to use those lithium batteries. They will outlast any other kind of battery.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

~Amazon.com: EBL C Size Battery Adapters, AA to C Size Battery Spacer  Converter Case Use with Rechargeable AA Battery Cells - 4 Pack : Tools &  Home Improvement

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay @SilleeMee 

THIS "cinches" it!

You know everything abt everything, g/f!!!   I'm convinced!  Heart

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee 

Another big Thank You!  From me.  I had no idea these sleeves existed.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties 

You're welcome. I must sound like a broken record but in order to get the best battery performance you need to use lithium, like the ones I posted up thread. Otherwise when you use alkaline they won't last long at all.