[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

Detail can be found on TMZ

For.......what?

Ukrainian refugees

Honored Contributor

Re: Bethenny Frankel has raised $35 Million

jose andres is on the ground at the ukrainian/poland border serving hot meals in mobile kitchens in various areas along the border.

he’s “committing support” from the $100 million Jeff Bezos grant he won in 2021 for his humanitarian work.

i have so much respect for this man, his courage, and his work ethic.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Yes, can you imagine fleeing for your life in the cold, cold weather with children in tow, hours in a stopped car or walking dragging a suitcase, crossing the border...SAFE finally!..... and being offered a bowl of hot soup.  Andres is a fine, fine man.

Esteemed Contributor

That's great to hear! This kind action by Bethany F makes me think more highly of her....more than I did before.

Respected Contributor

TMZ: Bethenny Frankel has raised $35 Million

Philanthropist Bethenny Frankel's effort to help displaced Ukrainians is raising huge amounts of money, and now she's focused on finding ways to distribute the aid, quickly and safely.

Bethenny was on TMZ Live Monday with a huge update -- her Bstrong foundation has received $25 million worth of aid donations and supplies, with another $10M given in cash ... and the total is still climbing!

She says the supplies are going to an undisclosed location in Ukraine -- kept under wraps for safety concerns -- and they're also operating out of massive warehouses in Poland and Hungary. The goal is to use these hubs for those in need and have them serve as a space for organizations to pick up supplies as needed.

She also tells us the $10M in cash will go towards refugee relocation ... saying it's not about keeping Ukrainians happy in their own country anymore. She says the goal is to get them out safely, which will be more accessible with the money raised.

Bethenny's 11-year-old daughter Bryn has been helping out too ... making artwork to raise some cash for the cause. She made an exclusive set of paintings depicting the Ukrainian flag, and NY Mets owner Steve Cohen bought 5 of 'em right off the bat!

But, she says what's been most inspiring is the way everyday Americans are pitching in to help like she's never seen before.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I donated after reading about the organization.  The money goes through a boots on the ground organization wit a good track record.  Bethany Frankels BStrong  Inititive is operated by Global Empowerment Mission .  They really are worth looking into if you are interested in donating.  They give relief world wide, even here in US for pandemics, tornados, hurricanes, humanitarian situations, etc,  

Trusted Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I donated after reading about the organization.  The money goes through a boots on the ground organization wit a good track record.  Bethany Frankels BStrong  Inititive is operated by Global Empowerment Mission .  They really are worth looking into if you are interested in donating.  They give relief world wide, even here in US for pandemics, tornados, hurricanes, humanitarian situations, etc,  

I have donated to her organization a few times in the past also and I think she does a wonderful job.  They spring into action so quickly and really seem like they're well run.  Some people might find her personality annoying, but she's a very smart woman and has done a great job helping others all over the world.

Respected Contributor

I never thought twice about her in the past. Didn't buy her products. Never watched any of her television shows other than the Martha Stewart Apprentice where she seems very competent. But when you read threads like this you are able to see someone in another light. 

There are people in the world who are givers, and give of their time, their money, their abilities. People like Bethany Frankel and Jose Andres seem to have shown themselves to not just be givers, but also humanitarians.

It can make you realize you'll never look at someone the same way again.

I realized that when reading about an able bodied individual fleeing his homeland and commenting on the cramped train conditions.