Honored Contributor

Re: Best organization for giving a donation for Bahamas hurricane relief

@JJsMom wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

If Samaritan's Purse is affiliated with Franklin Graham, then that's a big NO from me.

I want to know who I donate to. Do they also proslyletize while doing "charity" work? If so, I'm out.

Of course you can give to whom you want.  That's just a given! 

If  you were in the Bahama's, stuck on a roof somewhere.... about to drown.... you would be grabbing the first hand ready to get you off of it ....regardless of whose charity they were working for!     

The same applies to you, and your point is irrelevant to my post or the topic at hand.

Clever way to get how you feel about Franklin Graham and Samaritan,s Purse out there.  It didn't fly for me.   
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I chose mine because I know everyone is treated the same way. It makes no difference of your beliefs, race , faith , or national origin..All people need to be helped ,and I know this organization will not play favorites. I am not saying that the others will, I just know this one doesn't...

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

If Samaritan's Purse is affiliated with Franklin Graham, then that's a big NO from me.

I want to know who I donate to. Do they also proslyletize while doing "charity" work? If so, I'm out.

If  you were in the Bahama's, stuck on a roof somewhere.... about to drown.... you would be grabbing the first hand ready to get you off of it ....regardless of whose charity they were working for!     

The same applies to you, and your point is irrelevant to my post or the topic at hand.

Clever way to get how you feel about Franklin Graham and Samaritan,s Purse out there.  It didn't fly for me.   

Didn't you say upthread that you care where your money goes? How are you any different from me? No need to get indignant because I don't care for your charities. I will give to whomever I please and don't really care if it offends you.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Occasional Contributor

I donated to the WORLD CENTRAL KITCHEN.  Chef Jose Andres and his team in preparing meals in Nassau for distribution.  He does this all over the world when disasters happen.  People are in desperate need of food and water.

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

Didn't you say upthread that you care where your money goes? How are you any different from me? No need to get indignant because I don't care for your charities. I will give to whomever I please and don't really care if it offends you.

You do that....that's fine with me.

QVC Customer Care

***closed for commenting***