Respected Contributor

Re: Best email I got today! Serves those hoarders right!!!

@Sage04 wrote:

@haddon9and @kitcat51 a lot of people would try to return what they bought and don´t really need especially if they realize that they need the money for something else. People do this during hurricane. Home Depot and Lowes usually get a lot of returns, but it´s different now. This is a virus, so no returns.

No way are so called hoarders returning items & that's what this thread is about.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

People weren't prepared & now they have no idea how long this will last so they're buying what they should have had in the first place & also stocking up so they don't  have to go out...that's not hoarding, that's being prepared. Are there hoarders, yes but it isn't  widespread...I'm volunteering everyday & see everyday how kind & generous people are. The media plays over & over again the knuckleheads & that pits us against one another but the truth is stores only have so much on hand of needed items & rely on the transportation system to restock. Learn the lesson & be prepared. Be well @Spurt.

@kitcat51 

Please dont make excuses for the hoarders....Check out Amazon & Ebay.....they have plenty of stock....

I dont know where you live but its not the same everywhere....Its not the transporation system either,  stores would have plenty ---- people need to be REASONABLE!!! --- thats what we heard on a newscast here from the grocery chain Execs..........

My posts don't  make excuses for hoarders at all, it's simply an explanation of how stores are stocked & why are people stocking up  because no one knows how long this will last & they''ve been told over & over not to go out. Please have it your way BUT don't miss the important points of always being prepared & understanding how stores are supplied...the blame game helps no one.

Thats an excuse..."I'm just being prepared".....just so they can hoard!!!! .... I hate to tell them but milk/eggs/bread/meat all have expiration dates so they dont need to buy BASKET AFTER BASKET full of stuff!!!  It has NOTHING to do with the supply chain!!!! ---ITS DOWNRIGHT GREED & SELFISHNESS!!!  RESPONSIBILITY IS A DIRTY WORD!!!

Like I posted...please have it your way. Be well.

Honored Contributor

I've seen scenarios play out where some people purchased huge amounts of products for the express purpose of selling them at outrageous prices.  Then the venues where they tried to sell would not let them list.   

I think that's probably the majority of those who try to return.   It's horrible what those folks have done and terribly unfortunate that the products are not available for those who need them, but I think it's good that the stores won't take them back.   Who knows what kind of exposure they've endured!  

Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51that´s why the stores are notifying everyone now. You would be surprised.

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@kitcat51that´s why the stores are notifying everyone now. You would be surprised.

I'm tired after a long day of volunteering so please have it your way. Be well.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

I don't  understand...if people are hoarding why would they want to return their purchases? Hoarding isn't  widespread...if families are buying for a month so they don't  have to go out several times then they're going to have a loaded cart or 2. The store shelves are bare because people weren't prepared & stores no longer have huge storerooms, they only have stock for an average of 5 days & they rely on an efficient transportation system for food & goods. Forget hoarding stories, learn a lesson about being prepared & understand how stores are stocked...3 -5 days isn't much.

You'd be amazed what people return.  I worked in customer service at a grocery store for a few years after retiring.  People return the most bizarre things....cooked meat, half empty canned food, milk that expired a month ago but sat in their frig, other store's things, half eaten food, and everything under the sun.  It's disgusting how people will take advantage. One woman even tried to return an open tampon in a half empty box because "it didn't work."

I stood next to a woman who had the nerve to return a half eaten chicken.  She said she bought it by accident.  She got her money back.  😳

Most of what we buy we pay for twice over because of stuff like this.  

Honored Contributor

For anyone who doesn't understand the store's intent, it's simple. People are hoarding things now that they won't use later. Things may be approaching their expiration dates, and some of these hoarders will want their money back. Too bad! Those very people are not shopping like normal people and are creating many problems for other consumers.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@haddon9and @kitcat51 a lot of people would try to return what they bought and don´t really need especially if they realize that they need the money for something else. People do this during hurricane. Home Depot and Lowes usually get a lot of returns, but it´s different now. This is a virus, so no returns.

No way are so called hoarders returning items & that's what this thread is about.

The crisis isnt over yet....they still have time to sell or try to return if items are nearing expiration dates--so grocery stores are taking a stand now to warn them!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

some people are chronic returners.  I ordered cat treats on amazon and it says they are not returnable.  They come in smaller sizes so I ought to know if my cat likes them or not. Other food items are also marked not returnable.  I think people just take advantage of being able to return things.

I read a couple of months ago about a woman who had returned thousands of dollars of stuff to amazon  and she just sent back  boxes of dirt.   Amazon sends returns to resellers who auction pallets  it off with online bids .  there are videos on youtube of unboxings where people show what they got.

a long time ago when I was in school I worked at a discount store and someone bought a crib and returned it and they put the old one in the box and the managers when to customers house to get it back