Honored Contributor

Best/Worst Moment of the Year: Today/Worst :(

[ Edited ]

My fav radio station, The Ticket in Dallas (sports station), has a cute bit.

Best Moment of the Year
Worst Moment of the Year

They break it down to month, week, day, time...

and explain the thought process behind

the Best/Worst Moment of the Year.

And....

Today (August 9th) at 2pm...it's the Worst Moment of the Year Smiley Sad

Month: August. It's middle-of-summer extremely hot, no holidays, summer is over, winter holidays are far away, as a kid you hated August because school was starting, other than baseball (and Olympics) it's a hiatus between sports, even with baseball it's the 'dog days of summer'

Week: 2nd week. Between pay periods, the excitement & possibilities of starting a fresh month is past, the end of the month is still far, far away.

Day: Tuesday. The excitement of the weekend is over, 'hump day' still isn't here & Friday/weekend is still far away.

2:00: Lunch is over, the drag of the afternoon slump is officially here, too soon for an afternoon snack, but quitting time is still far away.

------

They've been talking about this for years. 

Cute how they break it down....this station is full of bits. Love it.

What do you think the Best Moment of the Year is?

I have the answer...will post later in this thread Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Best/Worst Moment of the Year: Today/Worst :(

My best moment of the year would have to be Memorial Day.

May: Summer is starting, income taxes are paid, kids out of school, weather is perfect, it's vacay time.

Week 4: Payday is soon, new month coming.

Thursday: Past the hump, weekend is soon.

Hour: This depends on when you get home, that's the best hour. 

Honored Contributor

Best moment of the year? Not fit for the QVC forums LOL. 

Best moment of the month and week? Today, it's only 76 degrees and we got rain last night. Since it's been 100 I'm thrilled. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I will start with the worst of the year--DH died on the 14th of Feb which date I will have to remember and then I had to put down my cat of 20 years. My worst days  are the cat at home chases the new one when she sees her so my bp is rising.

I live alone but thank goodness my son is near and helps out. It is said it will be 100 this weekend.

The worst next could happen in November.

Also does anyone know how to fix the writing so it doesn't get big many times on this laptop.

Respected Contributor

Fun idea ! 

I enjoy those sports call-in shows, too.  Love when the caller says: "First time - Long time" !

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Fun idea ! 

I enjoy those sports call-in shows, too.  Love when the caller says: "First time - Long time" !

@LyndaGee

YES!

And my station calls frequent listeners "P1s"...meaning the first programmable button on your radio is their station...1310am. 

They started in 1994....and I'm proud to say I'm a "P1 Day1"! 

Honored Contributor

Best Moment of the Year

December, first Saturday at 7pm (December 3, 2016)

Month: December. It's a happy month of Christmas & New Year's Eve celebrations. We're still in a happy mood from Thanksgiving. It's traditionally a vacation month & with a lot of businesses, work expectations are lowered. Sports-wise, basketball/football/hockey is in full swing...even college bowl games begin in December. Lots of pretty decorations.

Week: 1st week. You just got paid. The month is still fresh & full of possibilities.

Day: Saturday. Everyone loves Saturday. The first day you can sleep in & do everything at your own speed. Most begin decorating for the holidays on this day...& most parties occur on this day in December. Saturday also has lots of college football, pro basketball/hockey games.

Time: 7:00. It's when most parties begin. Prime time television begins at 7:00. Dinners are usually beginning at this time. Though if you're wanting to end your day early, 7:00 is not too early...it's beginning to get dark & just a couple more hours to finally go to bed.

Honored Contributor

I never felt that the worst month was in August...we still had weeks to go until  school  started which was after Labor Day in Sept. Most of the northeast follows this schedule.  Yes it was hot but nice to go to the beach!

To me the worst is and always has been the dark, dreary, bleak, cold days of February  It's been weeks into winter and many more weeks to go until spring really arrives!  I DREAD winter!  I just want to hibernate until it gets nice out again.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom,

I guess our "best moments" are different for everyone.Woman Happy 

They depend on when/where you work, the hours you work and when you get paid. I worked every holiday, every weekend and got paid at the end of the month, not the first. December may be good for many. But the cold and snow here can make it less desirable for many living here.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I never felt that the worst month was in August...we still had weeks to go until  school  started which was after Labor Day in Sept. Most of the northeast follows this schedule.  Yes it was hot but nice to go to the beach!

To me the worst is and always has been the dark, dreary, bleak, cold days of February  It's been weeks into winter and many more weeks to go until spring really arrives!  I DREAD winter!  I just want to hibernate until it gets nice out again.

February has Valentine's Day...all about love!! ❤️❤️❤️

There's a Federal Holiday, Super Bowl is in February & 

Mardi Gras celebration is around the corner.

Days are finally getting longer & even in cold weather, February will surprise you with a sunny day.