Respected Contributor

Re: Best Moment at the Wedding?

@Sooner wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I am probably the only person who did not enjoy Bishop Curry, but that is OK.  I loved the choir "Stand by Me".

I hate when someone is asked to officiate at an event and uses it as a platform to espouse their views.  I hated what Diana's brother said at her funeral.  They were there to respect her life not shame anyone.  To me it is rude and self agrandizing.

I especially HATE it when preachers decide it is their time to pontificate at a funeral and it becomes not about the person being memorialized.

Sorry, but that has LONG been a pet peeve of mine and anyone who knows it will vouch for me on that.  It isn't about YOU it is about the person/people for whom the ceremony is being held. 

I was under the impression the Reverend was there to espouse the views of Jesus. I think that's the job of clergy, if I'm not mistaken.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@jeanlake wrote:

What you guys said. Also enjoyed the talented, young cello/viola player. Husband watched some of it with me and noted -- Either you get what Rev. Curry shared or you don't. I enjoyed smiles and twinkles in the eyes I saw when the good reverend was speaking. And the way this couple looked at one another. I've got to think MM has a wonderful mother. 

I get what Rev. Curry shared but it went on for waaaaaay too long.  Embarrassingly long.

Ten minutes tops would have been enough.

I loved the young man playing the cello although I wouldn't say that was my favorite moment.  I don't think I had a favorite moment but that young man was really excellent and I hope he get hired for some great jobs in the future.

It was 14 minutes.

@bathinaThat wasn't what CNN reported.   After I got bored with it I went into the kitchen and made coffee - I didn't stick it out til the end of it but it sure seemed like I had watched it at least for fifteen minutes or more.   However long it was, it was too long and it was repetitious.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It's ok @Pearlee. We don't all have to like the same thing. Hope you're having a great Saturday!

Honored Contributor

@bathina  The very same to you!  Smiley Happy

I liked the speech - there was just too much of it (IMO)!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

My favorite was Harry wiping away tears, more than once. I didn't like being preached to at the wedding. The Reverend went on and on and I tuned out.
Esteemed Contributor

Harry lifting Meghan's veil.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There were so many moments...

Before the ceremoney, the 1st look at Meghan and her mother riding in the car together.  Her mother's face was so wistful, proud, and elegant.

The wildly smiling little boy photobombing Meghan behind her while they entered the chapel.

The gifted cellist, Sheku Kanneh-Mason.

Harry lifting Meghan's veil.

The horse & carriage ride pulled by Windsor Grey Horses through the streets of Windsor.

Meghan seemed to finally realize the grandeur and near perfection of the ceremony when she smiled and clutched her chest in their carriage towards the end of the ride.  That was so real and touching.

Trusted Contributor

For me, it was when they showed Harry and William seated together waiting for Meghan to enter the church.  I saw in William's face the face of Diana and I was moved.

Trusted Contributor

I thought Reverend Curry’s sermon was poorly written.  I thought he often repeated the point he was trying to make over and over and it seemed like more of a ramble than an inspiration.  The looks on the British guests echoed how I felt which was highly uncomfortable.  I understand wanting to incorporate modern ideas, but when these ideas are so extreme, I think it detracts from and even mocks tradition.  

Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I am probably the only person who did not enjoy Bishop Curry, but that is OK.  I loved the choir "Stand by Me".

Peaches, i am sure you are not the only one but people are afraid to say what they really think these days of pc.

Even though the Bishop brought an American flavor to the event I think his speech ( performance rather ) was too long, too loud for beeing a guest ceremony co-leader at somebody elses church. I was very humbled at Winsor castle when visited....

I loved the choir !