Honored Contributor

Re: Best K Cup Recommendaton for Milder Coffee :)

On 12/16/2014 Jeannie29 said: Green mountains Breakfast Blend is nice and mild

ITA, I drink this all the time ............. also comes in Decaf, if I want to flavor it up, I just add flavored creamer!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Trusted Contributor

I just got a Keurig K45 for Christmas from my brother. Macy's shipped it in the manufacturer's box, so since I already knew what it was I went ahead and opened it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I've tried several different K-cups before since I've worked in a few offices in the past that had Keurig-type brewers. I like the Green Mountain Breakfast Blend, Hazelnut and French Vanilla. I also like Community Coffee Breakfast Blend.

I just tried the Donut Shop K-cup that came with my brewer and it was disgusting--I had to pour it out. It had that burned taste that you get with Starbucks coffee--nasty! So I checked in here to get some recommendations from others that like mild coffee.

Has anyone tried any Lavazza coffees?

Regular Contributor

The Starbucks Holiday BLONDE, the Green Mountain Breakfast Blend and the Hi-Line Coffee Chelsea Light.

Frequent Contributor

Ditto on Starbucks Veranda Blonde.. It's much milder and smoother tasting for me personally Smiley Happy I just can't do any of the bold selections anymore!
Respected Contributor

Starbucks has a christmas blend Blonde light roast kcup. Green mountain pumpkin spice is a very mild coffee

Valued Contributor

On 12/17/2014 flbettyboop said:

instiches: My Keurig is being delivered today. I also do not drink coffee. What tea and hot chocolate can you recommend that comes with it.

Boop

The best kcup for hot chocolate is made by Dunkin Donuts. It has a nice rich taste that none of the others have unless you put them on the lowest setting.
Trusted Contributor

Starbucks Blond Roasts are mild. There are several varieties. Anything ""Kona"" will be mild. Good luck.

Regular Contributor

There is a WONDERFUL K-cup that I like, it's perfectly mild which is what I like and it's sold in most grocery stores (not usually at Walmart though). It's called DONUT HOUSE. It's NOT the Donut Shop ones that come with it...it's HOUSE, not shop.

It's very good and if you can find some i would highly recommend trying it.

Respected Contributor

Get a BIG mug and use the 8 oz. setting and run water through the same K-cup twice. That makes a big 16 oz. cup of coffee that is not as strong.

Another hint is to make sure the coffee is listed as ""light"" roast.

I don't like strong coffee since I drink mine black. I will list my favorites below.

Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll (almost too weak for me but really good)

Van Houtte Raspberry Chocolate Truffle (my very favorite)

Gloria Jean's Hazelnut

Green Mountain Golden French Toast (seasonal)

Gloria Jean's Butter Toffee

Green Mountain Breakfast Blend (mild and not flavored)

Trusted Contributor

On 12/18/2014 nhbelle said: Go to singleservecoffee.com and look at the Forums. Many reviews of all types of k cups and they have them divided by light, medium and dark roasts.

Thanks for the recommendation, that site is very helpful!

I ordered the Lavazza K cup variety pack from Amazon and I loved it! I feel like I had the same kind of epiphany I had the first time I ate steak medium-rare instead of burned to death. I figured out what coffee is supposed to taste like. It turns out, I like the two Lavazza dark roasts (Perfetto, Gran Selezione) better than the medium roasts (Classico, Gran Aroma). The Perfetto, which is labeled an espresso roast (but according to reviews is more like a dark roast), is actually my favorite. It has a bolder flavor, but it has a sort of sweetness to it, is not too acidic and no burned taste whatsoever.

For those who like a very mild cup of coffee, I recommend the Lavazza Gran Aroma. It has a pleasant, but mild flavor. The only one I didn't love was the Classico. To me, it was the most acidic, which doesn't ring my bell. I liked it better mixed with any of the other roasts, but could just as well do without it. Mind you, it's still miles better than Starbucks' burned c r a p. But not my favorite.

A friend recommended Tim Horton's K cups, but I haven't tried them yet. Anyone have thoughts on that one?