Honored Contributor

🤣Best Interview Ever...with the kids! 👶

[ Edited ]

This has been trending all day on social media.

A very serious BBC interview...to be interrrupted by his kids.

Yes, the topic is serious, but the way it all played out, every work-at-home parent could probably relate.  And his wife flying in to get them out.  Awesome. So....funny!

"The interruption, almost slapstick if it had not been real, was over within 40 seconds".

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/10/519641281/overtaken-by-events-kids-burst-onto-scen...

IMG_0996.JPG

An interview about South Korea's political upheaval became one of the most popular things on the Internet on Friday, when the children of professor Robert E. Kelly became the inadvertent stars of his spot on the BBC.

The BBC News video of the sequence was retweeted and "liked" thousands of times, and Kelly won empathy — especially from those who said they can identify with the struggle to be both a professional and a parent in the same moment.

"I think it's awesome that a man can be world class in his field and have a family where their kids feel comfortable enough to play with him," Rob Erickson said via Twitter.

Kelly was offering his thoughts about the impeachment of President Park Geun-hye when his daughter infiltrated the live Skype interview — and in an instant, viewers who had been pondering the Korean peninsula were instead watching the pigtailed girl bop into the room, clearly pleased to have found her daddy.

"I think one of your children has just walked in," the BBC anchor said, prompting Kelly to reach behind him to keep his daughter back from the camera.

Kelly smiled, and the girl settled onto a table in what looks to be his home office in Pusan to have a snack, and all seemed settled. And that's when Kelly's toddler son got into the act, bursting into the room in a rolling walker and making a beeline toward the camera.

At that point, off-camera giggles erupted from the BBC set, and while Kelly did his best to keep his composure, a woman (later identified his wife) rushed into the room to retrieve the children.

"Pardon me," Kelly said. "My apologies."

He proceeded to go over recent events on the Korean peninsula, even as an obviously emotional scene played out outside his door.

Honored Contributor

Re: 🤣Best Interview Ever...with the kids! 👶

I saw that this morning..adorable children.I love that dad was at home and family just incorporated into his day like an every day routine. He is probably a great dad and the kids are used to being included.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom@dex. Great to see that this morning, right? Mr. Mom interrupted. Oh well. It is difficult to take care of the kids and do your job. Point made 'round the world.

Honored Contributor

I thought the funniest part was when his wife comes

F.L.Y.I.N.G. in, grabs the kids then reaches for the door handle.  

I bet SNL is working on the skit as we speak!!

Honored Contributor

When I saw that video this morning, the first thing that popped up in my mind was.....

Why wasn't that door locked???

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

And then there was this boy, who gave a weather report about farts and toots!

http://nypost.com/2017/03/09/kid-storms-live-weather-forecast-to-fart-on-meteorologist/

Respected Contributor

Did you notice that the mom's pants were down.  She just needed a minute to go to the bathroom and the kids escaped.

Honored Contributor

So adorable...his kids were on a mission to get to dad...no stopping them.  One was embarrassing enough, then the tyke in the rolling cart comes barreling through the door...too funny.  But no....more frantic -- third person (who I assumed to be a house keeper) trying to protect Dad's back and reputation, she couldn't get the door closed fast enough....and it still didn't end....crying and yelling from the children from behind the closed door.  A circus and real life....I couldn't help but wonder how differently things would have gone if dad had just put his little girl on his lap proceeding with his interview.  This film speaks volumes about the love of dad from those siblings....too cute!  Thanks Sids for the belly laugh.

Honored Contributor

Here's a lovely family photo of his wife (shown in the video) & older daughter.

His mother was interviewed saying the family frequently Skypes

her parents from Korea...and when they do, it's from that room.

The children probably thought Dad was talking to Grandma/Grandpa!

I could almost 'hear' the Benny Hill theme song while watching this.

The little child marching in so defiantly was so innocently cute...and 

the door grab at the end...the whole thing was so sweet & innocent.

He handled it perfectly for such a serious discussion.

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

Honored Contributor

That clears up the relationships....beautiful family.  I'm sure he will get a lot of ribbing at work...but all in the spirit of a good laugh!  Thanks for the share and, you are right, perfect for Saturday Night Live!

@sidsmom wrote:

Here's a lovely family photo of his wife (shown in the video) & older daughter.

His mother was interviewed saying the family frequently Skypes

her parents from Korea...and when they do, it's from that room.

The children probably thought Dad was talking to Grandma/Grandpa!

I could almost 'hear' the Benny Hill theme song while watching this.

The little child marching in so defiantly was so innocently cute...and 

the door grab at the end...the whole thing was so sweet & innocent.

He handled it perfectly for such a serious discussion.

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG