Trusted Contributor

Re: Best Candles for Candle Warmers

I bought a $6 candle warmer, which is basically like a hot plate, to extend the life of my Nest candles.  They leave about a 1/4 inch of wax when they are burned out.  The warmer liquifies the wax, but the throw of the scent is only about 50% of when lit.  Nest is a higher quality brand, so I was disappointed that the throw wasn't stronger.  It may be that the warmer isn't getting warm enough, but I'm sure there are limits to how hot they are allowed to let the plates get.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Smoky wrote:

A little OT but @hckynut, I hope you're feeling tons better & you and Ms. Cindy are having good weather.  

@Smoky

cindy been gone pet sitting all week. i have several pulmonary/respiratory procedures next week. am real weak yet, blood loss. thank u for concern

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

A little OT but @hckynut, I hope you're feeling tons better & you and Ms. Cindy are having good weather.  

@Smoky

cindy been gone pet sitting all week. i have several pulmonary/respiratory procedures next week. am real weak yet, blood loss. thank u for concern

hnj

@hckynut, I sure wish you the very best on all the upcoming procedures and that you get all your strength back, that's an order!  Give Cindy our regards and to have a good time pet sitting...

Now back to candle warmers...   sorry @JBKO, had to check in on our hckynut...  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC retail link against standards

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@hckynut, this is the kind of candle warmer I have. The bulb up top melts the wax in the jar rather then you lighting the wick.

@pupwhipped

That's the kind I have too! Bought it here probably 15-20 years ago, LOL!

Still going strong and haven't needed to replace the bulb yet!

My shade has small colorful flowers on it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@hckynut, this is the kind of candle warmer I have. The bulb up top melts the wax in the jar rather then you lighting the wick.

These are the best.  My friend sold them in her pet store so I have several with the stained glass domes they used to have.  I've also bought them for just about everyone I know.    They make even a cheap candle smell longer.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

When I worked at a Yankee Candle store I was told putting a jar candle into a warmer could weaken the glass.