Honored Contributor

Re: ••• Best Brand or Brands of CFL Bulbs? •••

[ Edited ]

The two packges of CFL's that I bought a few years ago had a strange odor.  I thought it was the packaging, but the bulbs themselves had the odor.  Also, the wall between the bulb/fixture and the wall switch had a humming noise, so I returned them.  Also, just looking at the chart, the cost of 6 dollars over a period of 20+ years.........does that mean that only one bulb was used throughout the twenty plus years; thus the cost of six dollars?  Will one CFL actually last twenty plus years?  I think I'll prefer LED lighting, mainly because of the mercury in the others.    I really don't trust 'C' 's manufacturing. Never know exactly what's in them.  Maybe if I can find some made in the USA, I'd feel a lot better about them.  Anyone here watch 20/20 regarding the laminate plank flooring made there?  Undercover folks with cameras; 'C' companies were exporting to the U.S. inferior materials; Also, with far too much formaldehyde. They were stamping them with the safe code, but they weren't.  Sorry, I just don't trust lots of items made elsewhere, because nobody is overseeing the manufacturing over there.  Therefore, I'm thinking LED bulbs might be better, for me, anyway.  But, thanks for the chart, anyway.  There's plenty of time for me to change my mind.  We always turn off our lights, and, actually one 65W bulb lights each of our larger rooms, and 40W for each small room.  Our electricity bill is ridiculously low.  They would probably charge us more if it were any lower, lol. (Rolling eyes)  EDITED: .Oh, I see:..........$6 for three CFL bulbs in a period of 23 years...........the price has come down, I see.  They used to be much more expensive.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).