Esteemed Contributor

Berlin Terror Attack Suspect Killed

MILAN (Reuters) - Italian police shot dead the man believed to be responsible for this week's Berlin Christmas market truck attack, killing him after he pulled a gun on them during a routine check in the early hours of Friday.

The suspect - 24-year-old Tunisian Anis Amri - traveled to Italy from France, triggering a spate of criticism from euroskeptics over Europe's open-border Schengen pact.

A police chief said his men had no idea they might be dealing with Amri when they approached him at around 3 a.m. (2200 EDT) outside a station in Sesto San Giovanni, a suburb of the northern city of Milan.

Amri is suspected of driving a truck that smashed through a Berlin market on Monday killing 12 people, and security forces across Europe have been trying to track him down.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/berlin-market-attack-suspect-killed-in-police-shootout-in-italy/...

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Berlin Terror Attack Suspect Killed

I only wish he could have been taken alive,for information. Still ,I'm glad he can't hurt or kill anyone else

Esteemed Contributor

Well, good that he's gone. 

Terrorists like that don't want to be captured, they want to go down in a struggle and die and never be caught.  They believe it's a noble way to die.  Well, he was accomodated. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I am sorry they were not able to take him alive but I am very happy he didn't take anybody else with him when he left.  Good thoughts and prayers to those wounded policeman in Italy, God speed and get well soon! . . . Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good.

I agree alive would have been(for information purposes).

Respected Contributor

What's that saying..................the only good terrorist is a dead terrorist..............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

Apparently, the suspect made it impossible to take him alive by pulling a gun on the cops.  He shot one of them, fortunately, only in the shoulder. Then he had to be put down by the other cop.

Honored Contributor

That's too bad because I'm sure he was a low man on the totem pole, there will be others.....

Honored Contributor

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Glad they got him.