Esteemed Contributor

I really thought they'd go the distance. Seemed pretty down-to-earth and devoted to their family.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Sorry to hear this news.
Esteemed Contributor

Just saw this on the 6:30 news.  They showed a clip of Ben receiving an award ? Oscar in 2013 and it showed Jennifer in the audience and during Ben's speech he thanked Jennifer for "working on their marriage".  Geez, he said that in an award speech?  So, must havebeen having problems since 2013.  I see Jennifer Lopez lurking in the shadows if nothing than to have a little fun!

Honored Contributor

There have always been rumors he was a serial cheater.  Weren't they both cheating on someone when the 2 of them got together?

I've never been a fan of his but did love the movie Argo. I was also rooting for him in Gone Girl. However if I were JG, I would have stayed with Scott Foley.

Respected Contributor

Shell, if that happens I wouldn't be surprised.

Super Contributor

I was sad to hear this.  They had a beautiful family and both parents seemed to be really family orientated.  Well, at least Jen is I guess.  I really like them as actors and always thought they made a nice couple. 

Respected Contributor

@shamalamadingdong4 wrote:
That's too bad. He does seem like a bit of a dirt bag though.

I couldn't agree with you more---he's quite insufferable.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor
Divorce isn't necessarily a bad thing. They both might be happier as singletons.
Honored Contributor

Unfortunate, but not surprising.sad

Esteemed Contributor

In an interview some time ago Jennifer Garner stated she would "do anything for that man" because he always praised her for being a good mother and wife.  I personally believe the breakup is due to Ben's gambling and lack of "being there" .  In other words he was too wrapped up in what he wanted to do which left the brunt of raising the children  in her lap and she played second fiddle to his wants and needs.

I'm sorry that they couldn't work things out but I think she will be just fine.  Jennifer's career is on the up swing so she will will be busy which is a good thing. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam