Honored Contributor

Re: Beleaguered Puerto Rico Bracing for Hurricane

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@moderator, I just got a message from QVC that I was using an "invalid HTML":  It went to suggest I review my message.....

I figured out the problem quickly: I had written the names of geographic locations in Spanish...

Those are their names....just like my town-and many states have Spanish names....

People have friends and family in Puerto Rico: I understand the no foreign language thing-but we just want to share information.

It's highly possible that QVC customers have family and friends there. Hurricanes are crazy!

The Net gets crazy: during Irma, I couldn't get my local news live, but I could get QVC.

Please don't make us jump through hoops. Install software that recognizes geographic places....

Thank you,

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2,  I believe you're misinterpreting the HTML notice we receive from time to time.

This is the notice:

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body.  The invalid HTML has been removed.  Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

This message is not related to censoring words.   It has nothing to do with Spanish names, etc.   It merely means a post was checked by the software for any potential problems with links, embedded code, etc.   It's a safety measure.  We started seeing it, fairly often, after the launch of the new forum platform.     

When you see it, just click the word "POST" again and your comment will post with no problem.

I get this quite alot, i do what you said ,no problem.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

It's aimed at Chystaltree.... I disagreed with her on another thread-and gave thanks for those who did stay.....I am sure they wanted to leave-but couldn't.

We just can't make decisions for all people....once again, the last time a hurricane hit the Keys was in 1919... I can certainly understand an area of the population that wanted to stay...not us: we had to evacuate.

Nobody knows what another is going through....it's just not right to diss another.

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

I was in three hurricanes while living in San Juan. The storm surges were unbelievable. I can't remember what category they were, however. Things don't look good for them at all. My heart goes out to them.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

It's aimed at Chystaltree.... I disagreed with her on another thread-and gave thanks for those who did stay.....I am sure they wanted to leave-but couldn't.

We just can't make decisions for all people....once again, the last time a hurricane hit the Keys was in 1919... I can certainly understand an area of the population that wanted to stay...not us: we had to evacuate.

Nobody knows what another is going through....it's just not right to diss another.

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

I can't believe I'm sticking up for Chrystaltree, BUT, all she said was that her cousin and wife were rethinking their decision to buy the house there.

I would be, too, if hurricanes were coming through and decimating the area one after another.  That doesn't mean I'm "dissing" anyone.

I feel sick for those in Puerto Rico (they are being told to get out or they are going to die), the Caribbean and other islands.  Some of the most beautiful places I've ever been!  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

I can't believe I'm sticking up for Chrystaltree, BUT, all she said was that her cousin and wife were rethinking their decision to buy the house there.

I would be, too, if hurricanes were coming through and decimating the area one after another.  That doesn't mean I'm "dissing" anyone.

I feel sick for those in Puerto Rico (they are being told to get out or they are going to die), the Caribbean and other islands.  Some of the most beautiful places I've ever been!  

HeartAlways a first time.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot, maybe I am being overly sensitive...@Chystaltree, my apologies here...we just all want our peace....no region is without happenings of any kind...

Who can know what guides another's heart or intellect?

In the worst of some of my times- sometimes, I really do believe I was meant to be there. You just never know....

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

SilleeMee wrote:

I was in three hurricanes while living in San Juan. The storm surges were unbelievable. I can't remember what category they were, however. Things don't look good for them at all. My heart goes out to them.

I'm sorry you experienced that, but thankful you are here to tell about it.   My heart goes out to them, too, @SilleeMee.   So much devastation, lives changed forever.  I continue to pray for everyone who has been or will be affected.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Poodlepet2 wrote:

@KittyLouWhoToo, maybe I am being overly sensitive...@Chystaltree, my apologies here...we just all want our peace....no region is without happenings of any kind...

Who can know what guides another's heart or intellect?

In the worst of some of my times- sometimes, I really do believe I was meant to be there. You just never know....

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

It takes a big heart and admirable character to apologize, @Poodlepet2.    I think the anxiety and concern we've all been facing causes a few bumps in the road in our online conversations.   Sometimes we respond in a way we didn't intend, or it just seems that way with the limitations of the written word.   Wishing you, and everyone, well.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2

I was kind of doing the "huh?" thing when you said that the Keys haven't been hit by a hurricane since 1919, though.

A friend of mine used to live in the Keys and he still talks about all the hurricane parties they had.  He's not THAT old! Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2Do you perhaps have anxiety issues?