Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Welcome to our new poster. Thank you for noticing how civility is not a lost art here. Respect for others should be taught as early as a child can understand...and then refresher courses when they are older!
Honored Contributor

Re: Being respectful

[ Edited ]

@gramgrandkids1 wrote:

I am new posting and I want to thank everyone for being so respective to each other.  It is so nice to be able to post how you feel about a topic without fear of being attacked.  We are all from different walks of life with different opinions,  I have learned a lot of importance information and some threads had me doubled over with laughter.  Thanks to all of you.

@gramgrandkids1,   Welcome to the forums and thank you!   You're so thoughtful to take time to post this.  What a pleasure to read your message.❤️

On a forum like this one, we're so limited by having only the written word, without body language, vocal inflections, facial expressions, or other cues.   It can be easy to encounter misunderstandings or misinterpretations, unintentional choppy waters at times.

I think it behooves us to be mindful of "the energy we bring to this space" -- and the way our "energy" and tone can affect or alter the way our words are heard, translated, perceived, received.

Whether we meet face-to-face or we meet on a forum with anonymous nicknames, we often may have an effect that we'll never know about.

"If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet;  how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of.   There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person." (Fred Rogers) 

Thanks, again, and happy holidays to you and to all who read and post here!🎄❤️🎄

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Regular Contributor

@gramgrandkids1 

💚💜❤️💚💜

Honored Contributor

Re: Being respectful

[ Edited ]

@gramgrandkids1 

Welcome .....  Sooner or later we all end up in some sort of skirmish on a message board;   just take it with a grain of salt.   That person may just be having a bad day.

I hope you enjoy your time here. 

Tink   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Have fun playing in the QVC sandbox.

Honored Contributor

Welcome, but feel to defend yourself, you'll know when that time has arrived!

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Welcome and keep that beautiful spirit of civility. This playground is a great place to chill, connect, relate, share, inquire and even disagree. If you run into someone gettting cranky, just move to a different side of the play area. There's much more good about us than bad. Blessing to you and loved ones during this season of Peace.    

@jeanlake ...Beautifully said.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo ...I said it before and I will say it again...you never fail to eloquently express yourself.  Your post to gramgrandkids is a prime example of that.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@gramgrandkids1 ...Welcome, so nice to have you here.   It is always nice to have a new poster, another person to share her thoughts and bring new ideas to all of us.

There may be a bumpy ride now and then, never take  it personally, it is just someone who forgot the golden rule, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything."  

I have already communicated with you and I look forward to more in the future.  Wishing you and yours a Very Happy New Year.