Honored Contributor

Re: Been out to eat twice this week

We are past 14 days since being paroled. It should be a happy surprise the dreaded spike, so far, has not appeared. Wouldn't it be even greater if June does come and it's more good news? ☺️
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Laura14 is there a rise in cases now that your state has opened up somewhat.

@dex No.  We've had issues in counties where the chicken plants are but as a whole, we are down from our peaks in April.  My county was down 55% as of last week.

@Laura14 - actually....I heard last night that we haven't been reporting our numbers correctly and the state apologized and said they won't do that again. So I don't think our numbers have been going down,  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:
We are past 14 days since being paroled. It should be a happy surprise the dreaded spike, so far, has not appeared. Wouldn't it be even greater if June does come and it's more good news? ☺️

@Laura14 that's wonderful!  Thanks for sharing....I am in lock down here....unless the judge next week stops our Gov's lawless over reach.  Doubt it but I can hope.  

Regular Contributor

Offensive comment tsaorite!

Honored Contributor

@firestorm wrote:

@firestormWhile I disagree with @tsavorite's comment, I don't think that it fits the definition of "offensive."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

From what I've read we won't see the results of he reopenings for several weeks - 5 to 6.

While I really want to see businesses back in business I am concerned.  I really don't want to be the first to go out to eat or get my hair done or hit the mall (oh, who's kidding who, I NEVER "hit the mall").  I'm not even going to be the first to go back to my workplace.

I'm fine eating at home, getting take out once or twice a week, having crappy hair (that's what ponytails are for) and never hitting the mall again for as long as I live. 

But good luck to all of you who can't wait to be the first!  May the force be with you.

Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@firestorm wrote:

@firestormWhile I disagree with @tsavorite's comment, I don't think that it fits the definition of "offensive."

Yeah, I agree. We all should be able to post our opinions. I know a lot of people don't like what my governor has done, but I do!  I respect her for not caving in to people trying their best to disrupt and cause havoc in our state. 

I'm very concerned that our hospitals and first responders still do not have the PPE they will need. I wish someone could reassure me about that.

Valued Contributor

@Laura14  Glad to see you are doing well! I've been closely watching Georgia (our neighbor state) so appreciate your personal updates very much. I'm not sure I realized before this pandemic how many of us have family in (our version) of the tri-state area (Georgia, SC, FL). 

Have you seen @BrandiDavis  posting lately? If I remember correctly, wasn't she in Tennessee? I've been kind of hit or miss on the boards, but try to scan through and see how others are doing and haven't seen any responses from her lately. 

I will admit it gives me a strange kind of comfort when names I recognize seem to be doing ok Smiley Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite Thanks! Sounds like you are doing well too. I don’t recognize that poster but I have been super busy with a new job so I’m not around like I normally am.

We are going great in GA so far. I will be off for my weekly food shopping today so hopefully my lettuce is back. It feels really good to be out from under what I hope was the worst of it.
Honored Contributor

Btw @SunSprite, my mother is traveling back to FL today after spending a week and they said central FL is doing quite well if you have anyone around that area. Hopeful it all continues. 🙂