Honored Contributor

Re: Been out to eat twice this week

My husband is the best cook I know, and I'm pretty fussy. In the last few years, we find ourselves so more comfortable dining at home, and the food is almost always better than most restaurants.

But even if were still avid restaurant patrons, it is one of last places we would feel the need (or want) to be in.

Just our perspective.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@dex The NY Times Coronavirus tracker shows Georgia‘s curve on downward trend as of this morning. GA’s curve is flat and down.
Esteemed Contributor

We need to be gentle with those who wish to go out and those who need to make a living.

It is going to happen and we need to adjust.

What I am seeing is that some are choosing to make bubbles around their activities.  Interesting to learn what the laws regarding closing private roads, trespassing, group in home schooling, grocery coops and restricted medical practices are.  

Make your own choices folks.

Regular Contributor

I would at least wait a couple of weeks to tell if the restaurant openings are having an effect on th Covid numbers.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

We need to be gentle with those who wish to go out and those who need to make a living.

It is going to happen and we need to adjust.

What I am seeing is that some are choosing to make bubbles around their activities.  Interesting to learn what the laws regarding closing private roads, trespassing, group in home schooling, grocery coops and restricted medical practices are.  

Make your own choices folks.

@Still Raining, hmmm.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

My state's alleged plan is to begin re-opening restaurants June 5th (malls & other retail places opened yesterday).  If June 5th restaurant opening is a reality, you can bet your finest snake skinned boots my butt will be sitting in one!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:
@MoJoV. I may be wrong, but that Wuhan restaurant where a number of cases came from was in January. Lots of learning since then.

If it's the case I'm thinking of, the issue is air flow in the restaurant.  People sitting at different tables well away from the infected man caught the virus because air flow carried it around the room. They actually charted the direction of the air currents from the air conditioning and it matched the seats where people were sitting who became infected.  I don't see anything that's been done in restaurants since January that would change this problem. I'm going to be a big fan of outdoor dining. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have ZERO desire to eat out at a restaurant in these COVID19 times. ZERO!!!! 

Not only because of fear, air flow, touching etc. It just looks very unappealing the way they have to operate in a pandemic. We eat with our eyes don't forget.

Honored Contributor

@sassenach1 @Thanks..nice to read some good news.I can hardly wait for this to end.I haven't seen my mom since last summer and my son since Christmas.

Regular Contributor

The respiratory symptoms of COVID-19 can appear as long as 14 days after exposure. Wait to see the what the curve is in June.