Honored Contributor

Re: Been out to eat twice this week

I am glad the country is reopening, because it has to.  We cannot just have people not working, businesses failing, etc.

For us right now, restaurants are a no go. 

Honored Contributor

There was only one Chinese restaurant that we enjoyed, and they filed for bankrupcy two weeks ago.  Guess it's home cooking for us for a while longer. 

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

The only place I have gone that is a little militant was Walmart.  Definite in and out routes and encouragement for face masks.  I was hysterical that my store completely remodeled during the quarantine and the new beer and wine store within a store is epic.  I guess my town is a bunch of drunks or hoping to be.🍷🍺😂👍🏻

YES!!!  One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer!  (Charles Thorogood)  LOL!  Favorite cocktail hour song.

Honored Contributor

I'd rather eat at home than in a restaurant with masked waitstaff under the conditions @Laura14  describes.  It doesn't sound relaxing or enjoyable.  Sort of "forced" fun.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It has only been a couple of months since we all started being more careful and distancing ourselves.... this  pandemic is not going away for months and maybe years out. So foolish to put yourself in situations so early in the pandemic that are hardly necessary.

Adults acting  like children with no patience crying  WHEN WILL WE BE THERE. 

So go ahead... and eat out... get your nails and hair done... go to the gym... go shopping... RISKY BEHAVIOR. Sure you have your rights to do as you want... but, you also can go walk in the middle of the freeway or jump from a plane without a parachute....  YOUR RIGHT  to do so... just not too smart 

Honored Contributor

Restaurants, and unfortunately bars, have opened in my state. We decided that if the numbers don't dramatically increase, we'll go out to eat around June 20. Until then, it's short trips to the grocery store and drive thru meals for us. The bar patrons make me mad with their "if you are afraid, stay home" comments. All I want is to see responsible behavior, and it's clear that is lacking.

Respected Contributor

Good for you. I would like to eat out. We are major eater outers. It's a big thing we enjoy in life. I live in New Rochelle so Cuomo will probably keep us locked down for eternity. I have no idea what to expect when restaurants finally do open. The ones we frequented were always majorly packed and even with a reservation we had to wait at the bar. How will they handle the demand? I think the could probably sell reservations, the demand will be high. I hope they will remember us as their regulars. We gave them very good business, spending a lot and always tipping well. I miss them all so much, all our favorite waiters and bartenders. Some don't realize there is a big social aspect to eating out since we're friendly with all the staff and owners and like to catch up and chat with them. Wow I'm really carrying on here! Guess I have a little jealousy for the states reopening, being in such a bad spot in the country. Good for all of you enjoying this privilege. Stay safe and enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

nothing going on here in maryland or delaware yet in regards to restaurants fully opening. we have not even gotten to PHASE ONE yet in my county.

in the meantime, we are supporting our local restaurants 1 - 2 times a week by ordering carryout.

I'm in Wisconsin and in our area we're still peaking with Covid cases.

When my husband and I want some restaurant food, we do like you do and order carry-out. 

We either do the curbside service for pick-up of our order, or the restaurant already has a drive-through, we'll use that option.

Most of the time I'll make something to eat here at home, but it has been nice to still be able to get something out and at the same time, support a local business.

This was the type of thing that we did before the Covid Virus was here.

We mostly would order carry-out and would eat it at home. We would dine-in at a restaurant too, but not as often.

Honored Contributor

Eating out is just not something my family does on a regular basis.   During the shutdown we ordered takeout from Outback 2x and once from Bob Evans.   We felt it safe to do so under such controlled circumstances.   

Outback operated daily with 4 employees and Bob Evans with 3; all orders had to be paid by credit card with info given online, or by phone, nothing was handled at the time of pickup.   With limited food handling in the kitchen, and the bag carried to car-side, I had no worries about the food.   

Circumstances change considerably once the doors open for inside dining.  There is no longer a safe, controlled environment, and all the masks, gloves, cleaning, disposable menus, and distancing measures would not make me comfortable.   

Valued Contributor

@MoJoV. I may be wrong, but that Wuhan restaurant where a number of cases came from was in January. Lots of learning since then.