Honored Contributor

Re: Been out to eat twice this week

We don't know if it can be done yet!!  Glad that some  are willing to be the guini pigs to test things out!  It's not like you go out to eat or shop and you are immediately hit with the virus.  After a few weeks, things will start to get really lax as far as social distancing and disinfecting and until then we don't know what the results will be!!  While I really want to believe it is going well but it only goes well until it doesn't!

Honored Contributor

The only place I have gone that is a little militant was Walmart.  Definite in and out routes and encouragement for face masks.  I was hysterical that my store completely remodeled during the quarantine and the new beer and wine store within a store is epic.  I guess my town is a bunch of drunks or hoping to be.🍷🍺😂👍🏻

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 @That is a good sign then that the reopening is going well.I hope the workers at the chicken plants will demand better safety and protection from their employers.

Honored Contributor

Actually @Pook, the social distancing is there but not just like elsewhere.  We put on a show when left to our own devices but it's easy to see non compliance.  I know people here are just over it all and glad to be out.  We are almost a month in and it's looking really good here so keep the faith!  🙂

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Laura14 @That is a good sign then that the reopening is going well.I hope the workers at the chicken plants will demand better safety and protection from their employers.

Agreed @dex .  With Senator Perdue up for a vote again, he's got no excuse but to demand better for everyone in that family industry.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Laura14 is there a rise in cases now that your state has opened up somewhat.

@dex No.  We've had issues in counties where the chicken plants are but as a whole, we are down from our peaks in April.  My county was down 55% as of last week.

That’s good news.  

Honored Contributor

I guess we all have to choose our level of comfort in reopening but from what I see there are way too many radicals who selfishly do not care about doing what most are doing for the good of all  and don't care about  anyone other than themselves.  It only takes a few to start the spread all over again.  They are the ones who will not wear masks or social distance and will be the ones to infect others!!

Honored Contributor

I hear you @Pook .  We are not a free for all around here.  It's been extremely tough for those of us with family members in nursing homes which are still off limits.  And anyone in high risk groups or over 65 is still supposed to be sheltering until mid June.  

Contributor

I expect there will be a rise in covid cases within the next few weeks.  I hope your hospitals and all first responders have what they need.

I hope it works out, but I don't think it has in other places where their numbers were already going down. I don't expect it will in Georgia, either. Good Luck to you and your family.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jackiew My BIL is a hospital health care worker and he's actually going back to his normal routine and surgeries after volunteering with the Covid patients.  Things are really going well so far around here.