Trusted Contributor

Bed sheets--- soft, durable, and deep pockets?

Can anyone recommend a set of really good bed sheets?  I don't like microfiber because they are too thin.  I love 100% cotton, but they are expensive wrinkle easily.

What are your favorite sheets?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bed sheets--- soft, durable, and deep pockets?

Threshold sheets by Target, they are great, they are sold as singles not as set. I have at least 8 of their sheets

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Target percale

Honored Contributor

I buy mine at BB&B.  They have many different types in various price ranges.  With a 20% off coupon, it makes it more affordable.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sue98 

I've purchased every kind of sheet known to mankind.  Some of my favorites were the Chaps brand from Kohl's.  They seem to be gone.

My new favorites (also from Kohl's) are currently on sale, but still pricey (by my standards, although not the world's!)

Celeste Home 610-Thread Count Pima Cotton Deep-Pocket Sheets

Sleep in luxury with the soft design of this Celeste Home sheet set.

Looking for extra pillowcases? Click here to shop our full selection.

FEATURES
4-piece set
610-thread count
Supersoft Pima cotton
Silky sateen finish
Deep-pocket design

The reasons I like them are:

Soft, but not limp.

Smooth finish that has not pilled

Deep pockets

Very durable

I change/wash sheets often -- maybe every 3 days -- and they've held up nicely.

I had the cream and recently bought 3 of the white to add to my other 3 white sets.  

I've had higher thread count and they are just too heavy.  I've tried percale -- limp and wrinkly, and they shrink.  I've tried bamboo -- too limp and soft --- Microfiber:  too soft, too limp...returned them.

Sheets are very personal, but I hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

Target Threshold sheets. They are sold in sets. I have three or four sets. Nice deep pockets, elastic all around the bottom sheet. They are crisp but soft, if that is possible 😊

Respected Contributor

SONOMA Goods for Life™ 400 Thread Count Ultimate Sheet Set at Kohls. They start off crisp, but soften with a wash or two. They have a gusset at the top & bottom to make them fit on your mattress.

Lots of colors. 

Queen set is $41.63 (Coupon BASKET30 for 30% off)+ there is a coupon, HOME, for $10 off. Ebates & no doubt you get Kohls Cash. LOL

I just checked & I bought mine last July in the color Blush. I love them.

Honored Contributor

I looked forever to find sheets that I could tolerate, they were either too deep and would bunch up on the mattress, too hot, too noisy or scratchy.  I can't tell you how many sets were used once.

I finally found JCP 300tc 100% Cotton Ultra Soft.  They still aren't 100% to my liking but they haven't ended up in the drop cloth box after 1 use and I did buy a second set.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Went to Walmart for a few things last month and found 2 beautiful sets

of Better Homes and Gardens king size sheets, 300 or 400 thread count.. Clearance price of only $11! I never had that brand before and thought I'd

give them a try. King size are expensive.

One set is deep purple, the other peach. Washed them and put the purple 

set on, love them.

Just checked they are wrinkle free sheets, 300 thread count. Got them for 

over 50% off. Better Homes is good quality.

Valued Contributor

Concierge brand sheets/bedding from HSN is nice. They had a TSV with a set of sheets and a nice 100% cotton blanket for under $50 a while back. I don't care for microfibre either. They always seemed to pill and stretch out.  The concierge brand are nice and deep as well.

Helen852