Respected Contributor

Re: Bed Bath & Beyond— It May Be Too Late

I used to love this store about twenty years ago. They had a lot of unique products but now, even with the coupons, most of their products can be found elsewhere and cheaper. 

Honored Contributor

I like the store and it never fails (for me) that if I am looking for a particular item and can't find it, BB&B will have it!  My only complaint is that I know it will cost me more than I intend on spending, but at least I will have the thing.  Their prices are kind of high and I don't often really shop there "just for fun"..... but I enjoy knowing that they will have what I need if I need it.  Hate to see them go downhill but maybe if they had a decent sale once in awhile it would be different for them.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I only go to my local BB&B when I absolutely have to! Not a fan! I can't imagine shopping there for fashionable items for the home. All of the stores I've been into have 20 year old stock. Nothing new, ever. I surely wouldn't miss them if/when they close.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I used to love this store about twenty years ago. They had a lot of unique products but now, even with the coupons, most of their products can be found elsewhere and cheaper. 

Yes.  Exactly why they are struggling.  Another retailer who just doesn't get it until it's too late.  Shame.

Trusted Contributor

I hope that's not true, they just  re did our local one...I have a ton of coupons and several gift cardsSmiley Surprised

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

The one in my neighborhood closed in early Nov. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The biggest and nicest one in our area (about 45 min away) is closing☹️.( This pic was the day it was announced early December)

11F44678-2A3F-4994-824D-FB46509ADED1.jpeg I went there today the store was basically empty -- 30% off most things.

The liquidators sold off most of the good stuff like what I wanted all OXO containers, gadgets and kitchen things.

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

BBB is one of my favorite stores. I would hate to see them close. I can always find what I want. People ask if you need help. I hardly ever have to wait in line to check out. It's a beautiful thing.

@Fressa 

it is one of my favorite stores also.

i save all of the coupons and use them when i go in so nothing is full price.

i could spend hours in there.

my daughter has an upcoming wedding and she is registered there.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I never really understood the attraction to this store - and I’m a bedding and kitchen junkie. Invariably I would walk out without purchasing anything.🤷🏻‍♀️
Respected Contributor

think 2020 we are going to see a lot of these stores closing plus chain resturants also. Another empty store in our shopping centers.