Honored Contributor

Bed Bath & Beyond— It May Be Too Late

This article, from a few days ago, doesn’t make it sound very good for BB&B. I would hate to see them go. Woman Sad

Here’s the link to the article. I tried to copy and paste it from my iPad, but it was too long. If you don’t want to open the link, just google the title of the article.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4314239-bed-bath-beyond-house-cleaning-be-too-late

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Bed Bath & Beyond— It May Be Too Late

@handygal2   Bed Bath and Beyond was never my go to place and I don't know why.  That said, I'm saddened when I read about a business potentially going under.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

I read an article on The Motley Fool site, and they say the potential is still there for a turnaround.  Not unlike Target, Best Buy and others.  With their currnet leader cleaning house and formerly part of executive leadership of some of the companies that did turnaround, I hope that they can save this store.  It is a favorite of mine.

Esteemed Contributor

Just this morning I was picking up and tossed all my coupons.

Somehow they lost their way.  I now go to a local kitchen store.

Kroger came in and ruined Fred Meyer here in the PNW (still in mourning) and the mainstream groceries have sunk to trash levels.

Now I go to local butcher, local grocery for produce and other small shops for other things.

I wonder we are shifting back to small.

Esteemed Contributor

BBB is one of my favorite stores. I would hate to see them close. I can always find what I want. People ask if you need help. I hardly ever have to wait in line to check out. It's a beautiful thing.

Honored Contributor

That is interesting and I would hope that the revamping of their stores is not like what they are doing to the one I'm near.

They made rows and narrow rows which I have seen elsewhere, but also taking away lots of my favorite things-like a huge selection of picture frames, candles and made whats left harder to find.

When my kids went to college, this was the go to store, but the past years I have only gone for an individual thing-a pillow, a candle, toaster tongs, etc.

One thing they always did right I think is to let their coupons last forever! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

BB&B is one of my favorite stores for household items.  I honestly hope they don't close, as where I am, there isn't any comparable store.  I don't always want to shop online, sometimes I want to see an actual item to decide whether it's what I want.

Trusted Contributor

I used to shop at BB&B a lot more than I do now.  Recently, when I went there for cute dish towels, lace trim bed sheets, a Christmas table cloth and the like, I didn't find a thing I liked.  Been having to look elsewhere for household linens and rugs.

I'd hate to see them go the way of Linens 'N Things.

Honored Contributor

The one closest to me closed last month.  There is another not too far away but we already miss the convenience of the nearby one.  I liked the selection and with the coupons the prices were good.  

Honored Contributor

They recently announced they are closing an under-performing store in my town.  I didn't even know this store existed.  Perhaps they should have done some advertising?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment