Honored Contributor

Re: Bed Bath & Beyond Cust Serv

@shoesnbags wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

My BB&B is more than 70 miles away. When I’m in the neighborhood I stop in. I usually order online. It’s my primary source for k-cups. I joined the Beyond + program and get 20% off everything online and in store and never pay shipping. I’m sure there are some exceptions but I haven’t run into any yet.  I don’t need to wait for a special offer or coupons.  I’ve made two returns recently of online purchases and had no problem at all.  BB&B is one of my favorite places. 

@esmerelda 

Is there a fee associated with the Beyond+ program?

some parts of the website say $30 a year and another area of the website says $40 a year.

@shoesnbags 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

i have always had good service in store and online. i ordered many things, after we moved and everything in good condition and fast.

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN  Yes, I think the customer should be credited the amount and THEN the store should figure out what is going on. That said...

This isn't just BB&B. I've had this happen with all except Walmart (I return that in store) when returning something that was missing from an order or the wrong item was sent. Be it Target, HSN Neiman Marcus or Pottery Barn (and others) I've had to wait 1-2 weeks while it's "investigated" by their Loss and Prevention team. In each case, I've been credited but again, it was at least a week plus later.

It was explained after I contacted Pottery Barn corporate via phone and wrote a scathing email regarding the situation; theft of items being mailed out is skyrocketing. I mean, through the roof. People claim something isn't sent and want a refund. Or, they order a set of something when they only wanted one, keep the item and claim they are sending the set back and want to be credited since one was missing...but it wasn't; they kept it. And,there it is.

The warehouse/shipping centers are completely different from the stores. In some situations, the item has to be pulled from a store and THEY package and ship it. If something is wrong, they have to go to the store and deal with the issue there.

In the end, there are many hands involved and people lie. So the rest of us have to jump through the hoops and pay the price for their actions. Ain't it ALWAYS that way?

Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags  IIRC I paid $29.99 for a year and it will auto renew. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised to read that this is the next company to go out of business.

@deepwaterdotter- we were at a family gathering yesterday and BB&B came up in a conversation - they are on the list of failing companies.

I have $100 in gift cards that I got as a perk of spending so much on certain items that I will not be holding onto waiting for something to strike my fancy.  I plan on using them ASAP.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised because their in-store returns are so easy and amicable.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I'm surprised because their in-store returns are so easy and amicable.....

In my experience, that varies by location.  One BB&B that I go to does not make returns easy at all.  The others I've been to have been better, but not by much.  I have an easier time returning items pretty much anywhere else.

Respected Contributor

I am going to contact BB&B again tomorrow to find out the status of my pending refund.  I may have to call my credit card company to file a dispute about the amount not credited so that it is on record.

I've shopped at BB&B for many many years, in-store and on-line and never had a problem before, but I also can't remember returning anything.  Just very surprised about the way they are handling this.  Maybe I just got an inexperienced CS rep....

Flowers are nature's way of laughing