Respected Contributor

I will think twice before placing an order w/BB&B as my order was fouled up from the very beginning.  Makes me wonder who they have working on the filling of their orders.

I placed an order for a SET of two (2) pillows.  On the same order I selected a sheet set.  The order was sent in two (2) separate boxes  The pillow set in a very large box and the sheet set in a smaller box.  I opened the large pillow box and found only 1 pillow.  The plastic sheeting the pillow was encased in clearly said it was to be a SET OF 2.  The plastic bag had been opened and just contained 1 pillow. 

Clearly I knew this would be going back.

I then opened the smaller box containing the sheet set.  It was a much darker color than what was shown on-line.  It was supposed to be an aqua color, and it was more of a greyish dark green.  I might have decided to keep the sheet set had the pillow order been right, but because I was going to send the pillow back I decided to return the sheet set as well.

Called CS and xplained why I was returning items and was told to place both items in the larger box and use the return label they e-mailed me.  Done.  Returned both items right away.

Come to find out they only credited me for the sheet set.  So I called CS and asked why I wasn't credited for the pillow set I ordered.  I xplained again I received only 1 pillow instead of 2.  They told me they will have to check w/their warehouse and find out what the story is with the pillows.  I was really surprised.  This is an under $20 item and I don't recall ever returning anything to BB&B before.  Because the warehouse is closed on Sunday I will have to wait until it opens for the week.  I am just surprised CS didn't issue an immediate credit and find out what is going on in the warehouse later. 

As soon as I received the order and saw the mistake in shipping on their end I called to let them know.  Very surprised because we are not talking big bucks here.  Not sure I'd ever order on-line again anytime soon.  Don't you think they should fix things on their end later and issue me my credit?

Cat Frustrated

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Re: Bed Bath & Beyond Cust Serv

I wouldn't be surprised to read that this is the next company to go out of business.

Honored Contributor

Their website now leaves a lot to be desired.  

Honored Contributor

BB&B is in trouble.  Their earnings report wasn't very good.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised to hear that they are in trouble.  The one I go to is always quite busy.  I've never tried ordering on line or using their customer service, however.

Honored Contributor

The only complaing I have is about my local stores: They are always woefully short on cashiers.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love BBB and have purchased quite a few items in their Oxnard, CA store (which closed last year) - and on-line.

Last week I ordered 7 items on-line. When I tracked the items, it said delivery would be on Tuesday, July 9th, by FedEx. All day long, I checked my front door for the delivery - since many people have their deliveries stolen and FedEx never rings the doorbell. By 5PM, when I tracked it again - it said, "delivery returned to facility." I emailed BBB and they said, the box was damaged - HUH??? The following morning, FedEx delivered my items in a large box - that was not damaged. 6 of the 7 items were plastic products for my kitchen - and one was ceramic. Each item was placed in a thin plastic bag - and several of the plastic bags were ripped. I emailed BBB again, asking if FedEx placed all my items in a different box with a new address label.

I try not to let things upset me --- but this was too much!!!!!

Still waiting to hear from BBB.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'm surprised to hear that they are in trouble.  The one I go to is always quite busy.  I've never tried ordering on line or using their customer service, however.

I'm surprised, too.  I go to BB&B a lot, and it's always chock full of people.  And they're buying, not just looking.  Customer service for returns is very pleasant and easy in that store as well.  I guess you never know unless you look at a company's financials.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I had a bad experience with them years ago but everything has been good on my recent orders which aren't very frequent. Sorry you are experiencing problems.

Honored Contributor

I've never ordered online but have had very nice experiences in the store.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...