Honored Contributor

Re: Becoming allergic to something you once could eat!

Abrowneyegirl,

Thanks for the additional information!  Our grocery store doesn't have any prepackaged, they have a fish counter which doesn't say much except the price.  I'll ask.  I love shrimp and I like to make shrimp salad for lunch often.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter was allergy tested, beside all the usual environmental stuff , she is allergic to eggs, milk, and pork. She can drink milk if it is boiled and cooled, it changes the protein, we just buy coconut milk for her now, 

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette DD has had problems with strawberry type things all of her life... she has had asthma symptoms come on when eating, especially red-colored, artificial-type strawberry toppings on ice cream.

She also has had allergies all of her life to eggs... which she now eats... grrrr

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you to all that took time to reply.  Great information. Thank you for sharing.

@Suzeecat Actually my friend just went off her allergy medication . She wanted to try using homeopathic alternatives but has not started taking anything yet.   Wonder if there is any connection?  she has mentioned twice this week that she broke out with welts or a rash on her arms and legs. She figured it was probably due to going off her allergy medication.  But her allergies are not food related but environmental. Maybe she has developed some food allergies as well.   I am going to suggest journaling everything she eats  so she can perhaps identify any particular food issues besides the coffee. The body can do strange things at times that's for sure!

Trusted Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

yes, I haven't had chicken, turkey. eggs etc for at least 20 yrs. I was fine with them in my teens, then started getting severe stomach pains everytime I ate. 

I now read labels, a lot of companies now use turkey and chicken to make pepperoni, sausage etc. Even Subway - all their lunchmeant is turkey based.

It's amazing how many foods have chicken or even chicken fat hidden in them. My mother was also allergic to poultry and eggs so we read every label. She once ordered a steak in a restaurant and became ill. She later found out that for some reason they had put an egg wash on it.

Respected Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

@NUNYA wrote:

yes, I haven't had chicken, turkey. eggs etc for at least 20 yrs. I was fine with them in my teens, then started getting severe stomach pains everytime I ate. 

I now read labels, a lot of companies now use turkey and chicken to make pepperoni, sausage etc. Even Subway - all their lunchmeant is turkey based.

It's amazing how many foods have chicken or even chicken fat hidden in them. My mother was also allergic to poultry and eggs so we read every label. She once ordered a steak in a restaurant and became ill. She later found out that for some reason they had put an egg wash on it.

Yes it is. I used to like the Stouffers French Bread Pepperoni Pizza for lunch. I had such a stomach ache after eating it. I read the label, the pepperoni is now made with mechanically seperated chicken...whatever that is.

Honored Contributor

I could eat everything growing up till I reached 55 or so.

I was diagnoised with IBS and all my foods I could eat are now a NO NO.  I have to watch so carefully what I do eat because if i go out of that box, I have very horrid results.

I loved tomatoes, lettuce, veggies, can't eat them now.