Respected Contributor

Because "the customer" wants it!

One day last week I sent an email to QVC asking them why their weekend programs and TSV had become so predictable and boring. That the same old 20 products were the norm.

Keurig, Dell, Clarks, Memory Foam, Sleep#, TT,Kitchen Aid, $400.00 Blenders, kindles, TVs, WEN, Susan Graver d&co

When where they going to offer new shows, more variety and different venders. Mix things up a bit- basically give themselves a makeover?

I have been a qshopper for 16 years and stopped watching on the weekends stopped all day garden, cooking and xmas shows.

Their response was that what our customers want based on our sale data. We hope you continue to be our shopper. We have 1000's of items on-line that don't get aired you might enjoy.

I will forward your letter to management. Thank..you

So there you have it.based on what's selling we are buying. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

Re: Because ""the customer"" wants it!

They know what they're doing, which to make the maximum dollars per hour on the air. The week-end items are all high ticket items. They are not interested in nor do they care about what we want to see or that we're bored. Plenty of people are buying. I imagine you pretty much knew that before you complained.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, most of the products that are online and not aired do not have video presentations as well as having incomplete written information under the online description...so really, how do they expect customers to make a purchase with confidence. Also, even items that once had video presentations seem to eventually drop off after awhile which makes it difficult again when you want to see something up close. What are they thinking?

Respected Contributor

On 3/11/2014 kachina624 said: They know what they're doing, which to make the maximum dollars per hour on the air. The week-end items are all high ticket items. They are not interested in nor do they care about what we want to see or that we're bored. Plenty of people are buying. I imagine you pretty much knew that before you complained.

I did, but I wanted them to admit it to me. And to reveal what is it in a customer they are looking for. Apparently it may be time for me and the Q to part as friends......LOL{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

What everyone wants and likes to see aired are different and to please each and every one is impossible. They are a business and the objective is to make money - not entertain every individual who probably will not end up purchasing much - if anything - anyway!!!

Respected Contributor

On 3/12/2014 Pook said:

What everyone wants and likes to see aired are different and to please each and every one is impossible. They are a business and the objective is to make money - not entertain every individual who probably will not end up not purchasing much - if anything - anyway!!!

Exactly. I can't get over how some people think the world should revolve around what they want. I feel sorry for anyone who uses QVC as their entertainment. With all of the things there are to do, surely a person can find something they like when QVC's programing doesn't suit them.

Respected Contributor

If you are infering that QVC is my whole world and believe they should program shows to suit me then I assure you your wrong. I took it upon myself to ask them why. They told me what sold and what the customer wanted. Those are things I don't need or use. That told me enough of who their target audience is. And I'm not into boring shows so I am watching less and saving more.

I not only stop watching tv when I can't find something on I do novel things- imagine that -like read or excerorsize or even go to a B & M store.

What a concept.

Honored Contributor

I don't know of any other shopping venue that sells tens of thousands of products in just one day. This is a TV shopping channel that has access to many millions of homes all over the world, 24/7. There will never be a big box store, franchise or not, that has that much access to consumers.

I just read on Wikipedia that in 2010, QVC had a net revenue of $7.8 billion, which far exceeds the revenue of all the other shopping channels combined.

So, basically, they can do whatever they want to do, whether or not it pleases certain customers or not, because obviously what they are doing is working.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

Their explanation makes sense to me. Time is money, and they'll show what creates the most sales. It would be nice, though, if they cut back on the amount of time spent on ONE presentation and put in some shorter presentations on other items that are available online.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Honored Contributor

Well, that's the formula. If people are buying it, they are smart to be selling it.

It might not be what I want, but it must be what enough other people want that it's worth their while (i.e. profit margin and volume) to be selling.