Super Contributor

Re: Beaverton, Oregon anyone?

On 7/4/2014 MaggieToo said:
On 7/4/2014 terrier3 said:

My aunt & her two grown sons all left Niagara Falls and moved to Az.

They lasted one year and came back.

They HATED it there.

Many people are leaving both AZ and FLA and heading up north again, or at least a little further up north.

If you live in AZ, what are the issues there that are causing people to leave?

Good riddance to those leaving. More room for the one's who love it here. The ones leaving would probably not be happy anywhere they decide to live.

Wow. Have a nice day.

Honored Contributor

You also might consider Bend, Or. Not so much rain and a beautiful area. I had relatives who retired there after getting tired of all the rain near the coast. They loved it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

SUHSE39..we are neighborsl I live north of CDA.

I

Honored Contributor

If I had a choice, I'd take a lot of rain and a milder winter climate over a lot of snow and a bitter cold winter climate. I really want to relocate when we retire. I never thought of the p n w. Never entered my mind. It sounds nice.

Honored Contributor

On 7/4/2014 chrystaltree said:

If I had a choice, I'd take a lot of rain and a milder winter climate over a lot of snow and a bitter cold winter climate. I really want to relocate when we retire. I never thought of the p n w. Never entered my mind. It sounds nice.

No sales tax in Oregon. No state income tax in Washington.
Trusted Contributor

My friend moved there to Portland recently and she really researched it for weather and cost. She is from LA too and she, like me, got tired of the traffic and polluted air not to mention the high taxes. She hasn't experienced a winter yet but she likes the drizzle rain and doesn't mind the gray days, or so she thinks. She really loves the green and the much cleaner air. She said the parks are good and the city is dog friendly, a must for her. The transportation is great she says. She said the neighborhoods are great and people are really nice. If you're both tired of the heat in Az, I think you will like the wonderful summers and fall in the Portland area. She is also taking sailing lessons because she said the Columbia River is huge and she loves the beauty of it.

She actually had me seriously considering it but I chose Nevada because I like heat and its close to my brother and my friends are only about a 4-5 hour drive away.

We have a friend who lives in Bend and he loves it but it does get cold and a lot of snow. He has said some winters start early there too. Its high desert country and he says it can get hot for a bit, a bit like the valley here but the air is great. He likes it and he is an outdoors person so he loves to ski, white water raft, hike. He said though it snows, the sun shines a lot.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/4/2014 spud188 said:

SUHSE39..we are neighborsl I live north of CDA.

I

We are indeed.

Coeur d Alene is beautiful. I've lived in this area forever and grew up, going to CDA Lake with my family, also, Priest Lake, which, I admit, is my favorite lake, period. So incredibly beautiful, there.

I could definitely enjoy a Summer home in CDA. Have to do the lottery winning, first Wink