Esteemed Contributor

BeautyBio The Reversal 3-Phase Retinol Booster System

I am not a QVC watcher anymore.  I just look and see and then tune out.  But the TSV today caught my eye.  The first thing I noticed was the age and condition of the presenters, host and vendor.  Cannot imagine they at their age have any wrinkles to worry about.  Love to see the "older crowd" if anyone is left present this product or any other product that "pretends"  to make wrinkles and fine lines disappear. In a way the old snake oil salesmen are alive and well.  This really shouldl be regulated... not that it would ever happen.  My rant, thanks for reading.  

Honored Contributor

Re: BeautyBio The Reversal 3-Phase Retinol Booster System

I first bought this system when it was on HSN. I am pretty sure the presenter was the daughter of the man who developed the system.

I really liked it. In fact I bought several sets. Using the Beauty Bio and the Clarisonic Mia did wonders for my skin. It made my pores tiny and my skin smooth. And I am almost 70 years old.

For me the system was well worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu  I bought the set about a year ago when it was the tsv.  Step 1 made my skin look like glass, so I had high expectations for the other two steps.  Unfortunately, they were too strong for my skin.  I have gotten just step 1 on ebay and it works extremely well.  

Only a doctor can make the wrinkles go away, but a good skin care routine, which is what is being sold, does a great job.  Our culture today encourages good skin care to start in teens, which I think is good.  I do hope that most people realize that when they see anyone in their senior years who look much, much younger, that the person has had some type of work done.  It makes no difference if it is the vendor or the host/sales person.  It would be nice if the vendor disclosed that, but that probably will never happen.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Just because someone presents a product doesn't mean they actually use it, especially if it's a host.  I would expect the vendor to use the product, but there's actually no guarantee of that either. 

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I first bought this system when it was on HSN. I am pretty sure the presenter was the daughter of the man who developed the system.

I really liked it. In fact I bought several sets. Using the Beauty Bio and the Clarisonic Mia did wonders for my skin. It made my pores tiny and my skin smooth. And I am almost 70 years old.

For me the system was well worth it.

@drizzellla   The heart given was more for realizing that good skincare begins at any age, not those particular products...My Clarisonic, BTW,  is still going strong.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@bonnielu  I bought the set about a year ago when it was the tsv.  Step 1 made my skin look like glass, so I had high expectations for the other two steps.  Unfortunately, they were too strong for my skin.  I have gotten just step 1 on ebay and it works extremely well.  

Only a doctor can make the wrinkles go away, but a good skin care routine, which is what is being sold, does a great job.  Our culture today encourages good skin care to start in teens, which I think is good.  I do hope that most people realize that when they see anyone in their senior years who look much, much younger, that the person has had some type of work done.  It makes no difference if it is the vendor or the host/sales person.  It would be nice if the vendor disclosed that, but that probably will never happen.  

@SXMGirl  Firstly,  doctors can't make wrinkles go away. Secondly, it's not a given that everryone with good skin has had work  done by 70...I'm proof of that. Thirdly, Dr. Denese has admitted, on air, to having surgeries. lastly, the hosts, models, etc. look the same as 20 years ago....some good skincare, some surgery, but it's  required for their work. 

I'll say again it until everyone is sick of hearing it, the only medically approved  skincare for anti-aging is Retin A and sunscreen. 

Honored Contributor

It seems like a good way to ease into using the original form of retinol. I use a newer form of retinol that doesn't have any side effects like dryness or flaking, so I don't need anything like this.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

@SXMGirl  Firstly,  doctors can't make wrinkles go away. Secondly, it's not a given that everryone with good skin has had work  done by 70...I'm proof of that. Thirdly, Dr. Denese has admitted, on air, to having surgeries. lastly, the hosts, models, etc. look the same as 20 years ago....some good skincare, some surgery, but it's  required for their work. 

I'll say again it until everyone is sick of hearing it, the only medically approved  skincare for anti-aging is Retin A and sunscreen. 

I agree. If a person gets a facelift or injections, and time has depleted the collagen from their skin, they're going look tighter, and maybe only in certain areas, but not genuinely more youthful.

You use retinol (or retin A) and peptides and other ingredients and treatments to keep your skin producing new collagen as you get older. And you use sunscreen to prevent the sun from breaking down the collagen in your skin via radiation. Then your skin will be in much better shape for whatever surgery or injection you might want to do. It's not an either/or kind of thing.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr