Occasional Contributor

Re: Beauty with benefits gift - out of supply notice

They have a set number of GWP, that's the amount of products they should sell. OR stop saying GWP, the "while supplies last" is a cop out. I think you're all being too nice about this. I used the chat last week w/ QVC about this and asked for a complaint to be filed. No, it's not the end of the world, and yes it's for a good cause-- but I have other ways to donate to causes I care about. QVC needs to do better.

Valued Contributor

I disagree, it is being dishonest. They were pushing for people to purchase by constantly mentioning it during the show.

I'm sure they knew how many gifts were available when they purchased the lot. If they didn't, well shame on them by not being aware. Poor planning and mismanagement reign everywhere in today's world.

IT could have set up a system whereby the customer would receive a confirmation. Oh wait, I forgot it's QVC's IT... 🥴
Esteemed Contributor

@LdyBugz  We will have to agree to disagree here. I'm not convinced that they didn't know. Considering that they mention the free gift with purchase on the air ad nauseam, I believe that they were well aware that they were out of stock. This happens every year. 

Respected Contributor

Pathetic if you ask me.  Can't they do some simple accounting?

Just donate directly to Breast Cancer research, etc. and feel good about it. Cat Mad

Trusted Contributor

Well, you all can debate on the dishonesty point.  For me personally, I don't know the answer, will never really know and it's not worth all the drama, I got a couple of products at a good price, I helped a good cause, and I have a $10 credit.  I really don't care about the gift.  I don't even remember what was included in the gift!  😄

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LdyBugz wrote:

Well, you all can debate on the dishonesty point.  For me personally, I don't know the answer, will never really know and it's not worth all the drama, I got a couple of products at a good price, I helped a good cause, and I have a $10 credit.  I really don't care about the gift.  I don't even remember what was included in the gift!  😄

Totally agree with you.  There's almost no way to continuously account for something like a gwp when sales are changing due to carts, check holds, cancellations, etc.

In my experience, gwp for sales that are not just one brand (ie Clinique) are usually put together by an outside marketing company, so who knows if they're the ones that overestimated the number they had.  
Saying quantities are limited isn't a cop out, it's a legal requirement and a true statement.   Personally I'd rather have the $10 credit than the gift I received.  

Occasional Contributor

I, too, along with my daughter who lives at a different address, failed to get our gift bags too. How do they decide who gets the bags? I ordered the very first item presented, and so did my daughter. While I purchased to support cancer, so I’m not terribly upset, I am grateful for the credit. However, they know the number of items available for sale so they should realize they have far too few gift bags to accommodate all customers. Qvc has done this to me with TSVs as well. I order an item at midnight and then I get a letter my item was back ordered while my daughter will order the same item several hours after midnight and get hers ( Clark’s sandals, Rastelli meats, Heartland chicken) They need to be fair and abide by the first come first serve rule. It’s not, not getting the bag that bothers me, it’s the process. At least I know my purchase helps those in need.
Respected Contributor

I only watched about 20 minutes of the show. The host must have said 10 times "everyone will get a beauty box. It's retail value is $X". The box was definitely a perk she was pushing. I thought "wow, they are going to make good on what they failed to do in previous years"

Guess not

Giving a $10 credit is decent but you still have to (over) spend to get it

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

10.00 instead of the 182.00 gift purchase - no comparison WSE!

Oh buy the way I asked for a credit when I called customer service and they said there was no way they would give a credit in any amount. Keep it up qvc.

Super Contributor

I didn't watch the show.  What was the gift offered?