Trusted Contributor

Beauty with benefits gift - out of supply notice

[ Edited ]

EDITED TO NOTE THAT I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!  Sheesh!  LOL!

Well I'm not getting one.....

Dear QVC Shopper,

Thank you for your recent Beauty with Benefits order. We hope you are enjoying your beauty purchase! As you know, 70% of the purchase price of this donated merchandise benefits Cancer and Careers and its free programs and resources.

We're proud to say we received an overwhelming response to our Beauty with Benefits event. As noted in the terms and conditions, our gift with purchase was available only while supplies last. We're writing to let you know that we do not have any supplies of the gift with purchase left, but for your participation, we have provided you with a $10 QVC credit on your account to use on a future purchase.

Your Beauty with Benefits purchase will help many in changing people's lives and improving the workforce for everyone.

Sincerely,

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty with benefits gift - out of supply notice

You're getting the $10.00 right?  What was the gift worth.

At least this is QVC moving in the right direction. They said the gift would be available until they ran out.  They ran out and still offering a $10.00 gift.

Trusted Contributor

@FoxxeeI'm not complaining.  I'm just letting folks know that the supply is gone.  It was clearly stated "while supplies last".  The "gift" was no big deal for me and I probably would have given the items away.  It's great that they are giving the $10 credit.

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@FoxxeeI'm not complaining.  I'm just letting folks know that the supply is gone.  It was clearly stated "while supplies last".  The "gift" was no big deal for me and I probably would have given the items away.  It's great that they are giving the $10 credit.

THat is nice they are giving a credit.  They did say "until supplies run out" BUT I still say they should know this when you place your order so that you at least know.  I was not impressed with my gift.  Got it yesterday.  I am giving away 4 of the items I will never use.  Oh well...it's for a good cause.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the same email too.

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl  I wouldn't expect them to let shoppers know when the free gift supply is gone.  That would stop some folks from making a purchase.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LdyBugz wrote:

@bargainsgirl  I wouldn't expect them to let shoppers know when the free gift supply is gone.  That would stop some folks from making a purchase.  

Not advising customers that the gift is no longer available is dishonest. Customers should be told ahead of time .It's their choice to purchase or not. I personally would have purchased anyway. I just want honesty.

Honored Contributor

They've always been open about while supplies last.  So, to the cancellation email should not have surprised you.  That $10 apology gift was very nice.  They did not have to do it.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not getting the gift bag either. Another big blunder courtesy of the mighty Q!

I'm happy part of my purchase will go to a good cause. I surely hope it will. 🤔

I still would have purchased if I had known they were sold out, but as was said, honesty with your customers is very important. That's part of how businesses keep customers coming back.

IMO, this is not a good look for QVC. They should have stated that they were sold out earlier in the day. I know why they didn't but hey, just another reason to purchase elsewhere which I've been doing for a long time.

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQI don't know if it's being dishonest.  I would imagine it would be a challenge keeping tabs on an accurate count during the programs as people cancel orders, leave stuff in their carts, or plan to pay by check and then don't.  Beauty product vendors at department stores often advertise free gift with purchase while supplies last.  The department stores don't publish when the supply has been depleted so I would cut QVC some slack on this.  Besides, it seems they are making good by giving the $10 credit.