Super Contributor

Beautiful music, beautiful message - Merry Christmas

On Christmas Eve I like to reflect on the meaning of the holiday and I enjoy having peaceful music playing while I go about my day. I stumbled across a lovely violinist named Lindsey Stirling. She is also a dancer and performance artist. Not sure why I hadn't heard of her before, apparently she was on America's Got Talent in 2010. Not only is she extremely talented, but she's cute as a button. This song, O Come, Emmanuel is a collaboration she did with a 17 year old piano prodigy named Kuha'o Case who happens to be blind. He is self taught and can listen to a song once or twice and play a rendition. It's a beautiful song for Christmas Eve with a powerful message, so I thought I would share it. I won't post the link because I know some don't like to click them, but I'll post the address and you can copy/paste. Also, if you search YouTube for Lindsey Stirling "O Come, Emmanuel" you can find it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozVmO5LHJ2k

She has some other really great songs too, one worth watching is Master of Tides that she performs to synchronized lights and water in front of some fountains.

Hope you enjoy it. Merry Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beautiful music, beautiful message - Merry Christmas

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

Very nice. Thanks for posting this.

Honored Contributor

Merry Christmas, Jules.

Couldn't resist...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBrjgrOUCn0

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

On 12/24/2014 dmod nj said:

Merry Christmas, Jules.

Couldn't resist...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBrjgrOUCn0

Thank you Donna, Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. Thanks for the link, I know he's yours, but I love me some JBJ too...especially in a Santa hat. {#emotions_dlg.wub} LOL.

Very pretty picture Preds.

Honored Contributor

Merry Christmas, Jules.

I just listened to Lindsey Stirling's beautiful rendition of "O Come Emmanuel." She has a very promising future. Thanks for sharing. I loved it and will listen to more of her music as time permits.

My favorite violinist is Itzhak Perlman. A few years ago we were fortunate to attend one of his concerts at a local university. Mr. Perlman sat stage left for the entire concert and was directly in front of us. He was brilliant. We could even see his strings breaking as he played and his eyes are blue! Perhaps you'd like to listen to his rendition of "Papa, Can You Hear Me" from Yentl. It is a beautiful arrangement. I know this is your first Christmas without your beloved father and will be bittersweet for you as you recall all the wonderful memories of your father and mother. I wish you peace. I loved all the music from the movie, Yentl, but this is probably my favorite for obvious reasons.

I hope you and Mia have a joyous Christmas and happy & healthy new year. Alfie, our new cairn terrier, is now 7 months old and we're anxious to see how he responds to all his presents. We purchased a 4' tree this year Smile and have it up on a stand since he's still very much in the puppy stage. But he's a joy.

<cite>Papa, Can you Hear Me: <font style="color: #009030;" color="#009030">www.youtube.com</font><font color="#009030">/watch?v=C55Zl5fWJBQ</font></cite>
"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

yes. Merry Christmas
Honored Contributor

Jules, thanks so very much for sharing this video. Without going into detail, it's particularly fitting and poignant for a friend of mine who could be sitting in Kuha'o Case's place. When I shared it with him, he said it was one of the most wonderful blessings he had been given this holiday season. So, again, my thanks to you.

I know this has been a difficult year. I wish you a Merry Christmas, and I hope 2015 will bring blessings to you.

(your link, for those who do want to click on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozVmO5LHJ2k)

Sending good wishes to everyone who reads and posts here.

(edited link)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

dooBdoo, Thank you for your heartfelt words of kindness. I am glad you enjoyed the song and video. As I said, I just stumbled across it and it "spoke" to me today, so I felt compelled to share it. It kind of sums up what is truly important, and I think so many people these days need a reminder of that...I know I did. I am touched that your friend found it so special. I appreciate your wishes more than you know. I also hope that you and your family will have a lovely and blessed Christmas.