Honored Contributor

Re: Beautiful... A Message of Hope From Our Hometown Guy

On 8/16/2014 velveteenb said:

hihi --

gosh darn it, Noel! i had absolutely no intention of crying. is it okay to say i loved him? from a distance, of course.

many years ago, my father got an outtake reel from Mork & Mindy. perhaps the funniest thing i've ever seen, with Robin Williams improvising all over the place and the rest of the cast laughing too hard to continue.

i hadn't known that Jonathan Winters (did i get the name right?) was his idol. i'm so glad they had that opportunity to work together.

so sad that Mr Williams is gone and that he suffered so. i do hope, wherever he is, he is not lonely, afraid or in pain; i hope he is at peace.

bunny. tdcr.

bunny! It's so good to see you Smile I've missed you. I loved him, too, I think many of us here did. He lived in San Francisco for years and we'd see him around town all the time. I am so sad.

He and Jonathan Winters were great friends. There should be some old clips of the two of them together. Winters had his own ongoing pain and had been hospitalized for it. They were the great ones.

Hope all is well with you, my friend {#emotions_dlg.wub}

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't read, watch, whatever the link...but if RW is the hometown guy with a message of hope I have to say, really? From a guy who killed himself? About making God laugh...isn't suicide the sin God hates most? Please...come back into the real world.
Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

On 8/16/2014 esmerelda said: I didn't read, watch, whatever the link...but if RW is the hometown guy with a message of hope I have to say, really? From a guy who killed himself? About making God laugh...isn't suicide the sin God hates most? Please...come back into the real world.

I think those were lines from a movie he was in...it was a movie clip.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Honored Contributor

For those interested, there's news on the Parkinson's treatment. His doctors were looking for the best medication for him and put him on one. Reportedly, he was distraught over the diagnosis but not suicidal. It is thought that the medication exacerbated his depression.

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Respected Contributor

On 8/16/2014 NoelSeven said:

For those interested, there's news on the Parkinson's treatment. His doctors were looking for the best medication for him and put him on one. Reportedly, he was distraught over the diagnosis but not suicidal. It is thought that the medication exacerbated his depression.

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Oh no!

You and I both know what a delicate balance medication is. This is more sad news.

Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 scotttie said:

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Oh no!

You and I both know what a delicate balance medication is. This is more sad news.

Right! It was the perfect storm: the preexisting depression, the added weight of his diagnosis, and the effects of the medication.

Terrible, just terrible {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Source?
Keepin' it real.