Regular Contributor

So many sad stories involving animals and people trying to coexist. Historically it's always been a hard balance.

Regular Contributor

The preserve in your photo looks beautiful @Kachina624.

Honored Contributor

It is @iceRedfire.  It's always held a special place in my heart.  I'm so glad it now belongs to all of us.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

So sick of hearing about innocent animals getting killed and apparently people walking around with guns. Yeah that seems fair.

Frequent Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

So sick of hearing about innocent animals getting killed and apparently people walking around with guns. Yeah that seems fair.

Amen to that @AngusandBuddhasMom.

Respected Contributor

The bear is a mother protecting her cubs, she produces milk for them when they are born, jeez you just dont get it, or you do somewhere out there......

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Trusted Contributor

Re: Bear Attack - Sad

[ Edited ]

Sad all around, but I must defer to the wildlife experts who are educated and have a policy in place for an event like this.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bear Attack - Sad

[ Edited ]

I'm always making noise when walking through our woods at our cabin...I always  hum...whistle...sing...stomp....

The bears have shown up on our cameras...big bears...baby bears...scat all over and tracks...

I stopped by the sporting goods store for bear spray a couple springs ago and the guy told me...spray is good...if you get them square in the eyes...well I wasn't sure I wanted to do that ...you had to be kinda close...and it had to be completely still no breeze at all..or else you might just piss off the bear...

What he recommended is an air horn..makes a loud noise...and allerts my DH that I'm in trouble somewhere..noise will probably scare them away..now if you are attacked..not sure what you can do except play dead and pray...

Its not really the bears I'm afraid of..its the mountain lions...Those freak me out...DW

Honored Contributor

We live on property in the woods across the road from state gamelands and we have problems with bear every summer. Right now it's mating season and the bear are traveling all over the place to find food. Bear can cause alot of damage to property as well as harm humans.

Valued Contributor

Tragic for all involved. Anybody see the documentary about Timothy Treadwell in Alaska? Humans and bears don't mix.